Alone

Discussion in 'Suicidal Thoughts and Feelings' started by wallflower, Jul 15, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. wallflower

wallflower Well-Known Member

How long does a girl go without friends before she loses the capability to handle even being around others. It's crazy. Maybe I am overreacting. But nothing is changing. I was desperately suicidal two days ago. It went away, now the zombieness is coming back and I'm seeking things to destract or change what can't be changed. This completely screwed up place.

2. Sadeyes

Sadeyes Staff Alumni

Feeling alone is so awful...is there any place to establish friendships? a gym, a sports center, etc.? and in answer to your question, I think relationships are about rehearsing...try online or over the phone interactions, if they work for you so you do not feel as lonely...big hugs, J

3. wallflower

wallflower Well-Known Member

I have met two or three people online who are very nice. I am trying to get a job and that may help me find people to talk to. Thanks so much for replying.

4. sakuragirl

sakuragirl Well-Known Member

Loneliness is definitely no fun, but you never lose the ability to make friends, it does seem to be harder the more you are away from people. However online friendships are easier to start and great practice.

5. gentlelady

gentlelady Staff Alumni

I am glad you have met some friends online. You are right that finding a job might help you find some other friends. I hope you are feeling better soon. Take care. :hug:

6. Anime-Zodiac

Anime-Zodiac Well-Known Member

I always think that no matter what it's a lot easier to make friends online since there a forums available of different interests and needs, therefore you are more likely to meet someone who can relate to you and get along with.

Good luck with the job hunting.

7. ToddMAdl

ToddMAdl Well-Known Member

I know what you mean about loneliness. I do have friends but sometimes I don't like them very much, they don't make my life anymore meaningful or fulfilling. I have always wished more people liked me though or I've always wanted more notoriety. But I have more loneliness because I want a woman by my side. I'm alright at making friends with women but not taking it further. I'm terrible with them in that aspect, I'm very awkward atleast I feel that way around them and I can go speechless at times. I guess my only advice is when you meet someone who you think you might be able to connect with, charm the hell out of them and take it from there.

8. Stranger1

Stranger1 Forum Buddy & Antiquities Friend

I know all about being lonely! You are still young and have many years to see
    the world. I think if you let them know how well you are doing in school, you will show them you are dependable, smart, determend, etc.etc.etc. Don't try to push your way in to being friends. Just let it come naturally. I know you have it in you. good luck...:chopper:...

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.