Discussion in 'Suicidal Thoughts and Feelings' started by Starlight, Jul 4, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Starlight

Starlight New Member

I've been depressed for 3 wees now and everyday it gets worse. Some days I can't stop crying for hours and then I sleep the rest of the time. No one would ever suspect it because I'm so good at keeping face. I have no support, no family, and the friends I do have don't understand my feelings but thats okay because we're not that close. On the suicide prevention websites it talks about calling a close friend or relative who you can trust, I think thats ironic because if you had someone to talk to you probably wouldn't feel suicidal. I dream of taking a lot of pills and not waking up again, those thoughts have become more frequent lately. I have a job I like but I can't afford a place to live as well as 3 meals a day :sad:
  2. cult logic

cult logic Staff Alumni

Hi, I'm sorry you're feeling so low.

Have you talked to your doctor at all about these feelings?

Anyway if you ever need to talk I'm available.
  3. mandyj101

mandyj101 Well-Known Member

hi there.. welcome 2 the forum..
    i too have got v little real life support.. thats why this forum is so helpful 2 me.. i hope it will be 4 u aswel..
    as bcs said it might be a good idea 2 tell ur doctor if u can?
    u can pm me aswel if u ever fancy a chat ..
  4. snowraven

snowraven Well-Known Member

Welcome to the forum. Sorry to hear you are feeling so bad. Personally I have found more support from SF than from anywhere else. We are all in a similar situation here so people do understand and it does really help to talk. I know how hard that can be in everyday life where we hide behind that mask. Let us know what has brought you to the way you now feel. This is one place where you have no need for the mask. Best wishes.
  5. LenaLunacy

LenaLunacy Well-Known Member

Welcome to the forums. Sorry you're feeling so bad right now. But remember, things do get better, it can seem like nothing will ever change right now but it will.
    Can you tell us more about your current situation that's making you feel so bad? Maybe we can help.
    Keep posting on the forums, and, if you havent already, try going to your doctors to see a therapist?
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.