Alone

Discussion in 'Mental Health Disorders' started by Rayne, Mar 22, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Rayne

Rayne Well-Known Member

Currently, I'm alone in the house from 8am until 9pm on Mondays and Tuesdays, then 8am until 5pm Wednesday and Friday, though on Thursday my Mother is at home and someone is always at home during the weekends.
    Being home alone at the moment is making me have panic attacks and I have also noticed i'm more likely to binge eat occasionally or, more commonly, starve myself. This isn't always intentional, theres a glass door in the kitchen that can't be covered at night which means I can't go into the kitchen to make myself food on monday or tuesday night as I'm so uncomfortable with exposed windows or anything similar when its dark outside.

I was just wondering if anyone had experienced anything similar and/or had any advice.
    Sorry if this is posted in the wrong place, I wasn't really sure where to put it.

2. Scum

Scum Well-Known Member

Hey,

I can relate a lot to this. Do you have any sort of routine for yourself?

What do you spend your time doing in the day?

When you have panic attacks, what is it that triggers them? Or that you are panicking about?

Do you leave the house during the day?

3. cardsfan

cardsfan New Member

Not exactly but I do have panic attacks at the thought of being alone. So bad in fact that my husband had to take FMLA to stay home w/ me for 3 months. Now he's out of leave, we're out of money and he's going to have to go back to work in 2 weeks.

Thats why I'm here I can't face the day without him. I know its stupid cause he's only at work but I just need him with me or i'm incomplete. I want to die before him because the thought of a life without him sends me into a dispair I can't pull myself out of. But I love him so much I won't leave him either. So Im trappped :(

Good luck to you, I don't generally leave the house without my husband.

4. pinkpetals33

pinkpetals33 Well-Known Member

I have 18+ yr history with anorexia and bulimia. I can't be seen with others if I dare eat something. I'll be alone next week and I feel anxious to be alone so I can fantaize, look at and touch food yet I won't. I feel guilty, dirty and shunned all at the same time.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.