Discussion in 'Suicidal Thoughts and Feelings' started by cloud720, Jun 28, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. cloud720

cloud720 Member

No girlfriend, no friends, not that close with my family.

I get so depressed just watching people with their friends. Why can't I have that? How do I have that? The life I am living isn't worth it. But I just don't have the social skills. I try but I never know what to say. I fail every time. Really I don't blame people. I understand why no one wants to talk to me.

I feel like this is something so stupid to complain about but I don't know what to do.
  2. xXxJJxXx

xXxJJxXx Active Member

You're not alone, there are many people just like you (myself included) who feel like that.
    My advice to you- try to build up your confidence, perhaps try therapy for the social side, don't give up hope.

You say you have no girlfriend, friends and aren't close to your family. You don't realise there are many people out there who do love you just the way you are even though they might not always show it. There are loads of people who would miss you and cry for you if something were to happen. There are also the people in your future that are going to love you so don't give up hope.

Start by trying to love yourself and then you will see there are so many people who care for you, everyone on this site being just a few... <3
  3. cloud720

cloud720 Member

I am just tired of hoping the future will be better. Its been this way all my life. Things aren't changing. I have no reason to assume the future will be any better. I don't think I lack confidence. I think I am just a realist. I know the way that I am. Thinking I am great at making friends isn't going to actually make it true. I still wouldn't have anything to say to people.
  4. Kiba

Kiba Well-Known Member

eh.. not sure what to say.. I also have certain things I know about myself I cant ever change.. Dont think I can hold a job even.. I cant stick to anythin.. so.. I kinda get it..

Havent ever had friends in my whole life really.. My childhood was spent protecting my two bros while my parents took care of my handicapped bro and getting beat up in our neighborhood all the time..

Ive never had a boyfriend or girlfriend irl before either..

I guess Im just tryin to say I sorta get it..
  5. Forgotten_Man

Forgotten_Man Well-Known Member

:hug: Cloud, like FFVII right? ANYWAY :p, I am in a similar boat with the friends thing. In fact I had a HUGE trigger yesterday. When I heard about the exploits of my younger sister. How she has moved across the country and already has so many friends and goes out and socialize. It really hurt to think that I could not make friends right here and now in a familiar place.

When you said "Hope" I thought of this quote from Moral Orel "If you Pray you get your Way. If you hope the answer is nope". Kind of a funny quote to come to mind. It is because on another forum I have been told that I have to believe that I will get what I want to get it. In fact I tried to start a logic fight with another person, she said "You can get anything you want as long as you believe you can". To which I replied "So as long as a blind man believes he will see, he can?". To which she replied "Yes, once you understand how you will be on your way". So to you I say do not HOPE for a better future, BELIEVE in a better future.

I am doing my best to change the course of my future. I am working on my self-esteem, and I am going out and socializing. I am not making friends left and right yet. However, I am trying too. You say you have nothing interesting to say, however, that is probably not true. I have tons of wonderful facts stored away in my mind. I am sure you do as well. I am sure people will show an interest in you as long as you show an interest in them.

Keep on trekking with me friend. I believe there will be a better future for me. You should believe with me. I want to have the strength to go alone. However, it is nice to have help along the way.
  6. EmptyLife

EmptyLife Well-Known Member

i have a lifetime of no friends, but i have nothing to offer, unfortunately.
    I am too depressed all the time to make friends. I don't know what I can do about that. People (including the mentally ill) say no one wants to be around a depressed person, and I understand that, but I can't make myself positive, no matter how much I try.
    Also, people aren't very responsive to me. No one wants to converse anymore. No one gets my sense of humor. People just want to watch TV or their computers or cell phones.
  7. Autumn01

Autumn01 Well-Known Member

I'm not close to anyone either and I just want to end it.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.