Discussion in 'Rants, Musings and Ideas' started by black_rose_99, Feb 23, 2011.

1. black_rose_99

black_rose_99 Well-Known Member

I don’t enjoy having no one anymore. I like to travel, it’s the whole reason I packed up my life in Australia and moved to London – so I could travel. And I know I’m “lucky” that I can work and travel and do those sorts of things. But I don’t like travelling alone, and I have zero friends in my life that would / could travel with me – the people that liked to travel I no longer speak to, or they moved home, and the other people never have any money to travel or they have boyfriends or husbands that they’d rather go travel with. I know there’s an option to go alone, but there’s something so unsatisfying about that.

I know this is such a tiny, insignificant issue to be concerned with when others are going through so much, but right now it is just making me feel very very alone, because my thought process spirals - not only do I have no one to travel with (the major thing), but no one to go out on a weekend with, no one to cuddle up to at night, no one to confide in and once I start thinking about that..
  2. Petal

Petal SF dreamer Staff Alumni SF Supporter

I'm sorry you're feeling so alone, but have you attempted to make new friends, engage in new relationships? easier said than done, but don't give up.
  3. black_rose_99

black_rose_99 Well-Known Member

Yep, I do a class regularly once a week, if I'm invited somewhere even if I only know one other person I will usually go coz you never know what other friends you might meet, and if I'm out I will usually talk to random people and have a joke and a laugh with them. People that I meet travelling I try to keep in touch with and organise further trips, and sometimes it works, but not usually lately. It's not for lack of trying that I don't know many people - I find it VERY hard in London, and I know a lot of other expats say the same.

Thank you for your response :hug: