Already a ghost...

Discussion in 'Suicidal Thoughts and Feelings' started by Brittless, Jun 20, 2016.

1. Brittless

Brittless Well-Known Member

Does anyone else feel numb? Like a ghost floating through life? Not quite feeling, hearing, sensing anything? I used to do things that would make me feel something, anything. Things that weren't good for me. And I'm tempted to do them again, to cross that line, to fuck up my entire world I've built around me. I think that... if I'm already a ghost... what's the point? But I know- or I think I know- the detachment will pass... I hope. I hope so badly. I hate feeling this way. I hate feeling so lost and invisible. I wish I could crawl out of it, for the sake of those I love.

2. MyCatWillMissMe

MyCatWillMissMe Well-Known Member

Unless sports are involved, yes.

3. Petal

Petal SF dreamer Staff Alumni SF Supporter

Honestly no, I feel anxiety a lot of the time I wonder what it would be like to feel numb. I hope you can get yourself well again and start liviing your life to the fullest, find something to look forward to, do you have anything to look forward to? *hugs* SF is always here for you no matter what you are going through, you are not alone in this battle.

4. DadzTruk

DadzTruk Member

I think most of have felt that way at some point. I think when we experience a certain amount of disappointment or trauma, that’s just how our minds and body cope. I’m not a doctor, so I don’t know, but it might be a good thing to feel that way for a couple of days. Sort of like a defense mechanism. We just can’t choose to stay there. I went through a very rough 2 years about 6 or 7 years ago. I felt “numb” all the time. Honestly, looking back, I don’t really remember a lot of things that happened back then because I was so numb. Birthdays, holidays, events – all the stuff family talks about, I don’t really remember during those 2 years. All I remember was my misery and pain.

I thought about doing some really crazy things, but thankfully I didn’t. I heard a guy say one time, “don’t make a life altering decision in a moment of pain”. I thought about those words a lot. So whatever world you have built around yourself, don’t mess it up during a moment of pain or numbness in our case. Life will get better. We just have to begin finding and focusing on the good things in our life and be conscious of trying to be present in every moment. I’m proof. I “feel” again. I’m present every day of my own life. Things are still not perfect, but I’m actually “living”. Praying that you will begin to feel alive again and that you will begin to see the reality of a brighter, happier future.