Alternative Therapies - Q&A Thread

The first therapy I'm going to talk about is one that I find helps me a lot - aromatherapy (if anyone else has alternative therapies they want to write about feel free to post questions and answers about them - the idea of this thread is it's kind of a reference point for everyone)

What is aromatherapy?

Aromatherapy is a therapy where essential oils are used to aid recovery from emotional turmoil. It is used alongside other therapies to help the patient heal. The oils used are not ones you swallow (unlike Bach Rescue Remedy which I may discuss later) Never use aromatherapy oils without knowing what you are doing - it's best to let a professional aromatherapist help you choose the right oil for you.

How is it used?

It is applied to the skin diluted down with another oil, this other oil is known as "carrier oil" and it dilutes the aromatherapy oil down and makes it safe to use. Aromatherapy oils can be used in massage by a professional massage therapist.

Where do I find a local aromatherapist?

You can either do a Google search or you can look in your local phone book.

total eclipse

SF Friend
Staff Alumni
Just read also hun that aroma therapy if not done correctly can be very dangerous because it should not be on your skin for more then an hour It has been found that aroma therapy decreases heart rate and can cause health problems if left on more then that time So it is best to make sure you have a aroma therapist that knows the risks and how to do this type of therapy properly

Please Donate to Help Keep SF Running

Total amount
$50.00
Goal
$255.00