Alternative to cutting

Discussion in 'Self Harm & Substance Abuse' started by Ruby, Aug 3, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Ruby

Ruby Well-Known Member

I stopped cutting a few weeks ago because people kept going on about it, so i've found a new way. Recently i've been using a needle, finding a vein and taking my own blood. Then I draw pictures with my blood. It's quite addictive.

Does anybody else do this or am I just mental?
  2. neverdie

neverdie Guest

If pain is what u want, try excersize. More pain that u can endure. It will take practice but it does work to curve ur appetite for pain.
  3. Blackness

Blackness Guest

Well done on not cutting.

I hope you're not taking too much blood out. Oh that would make me queezy!
    Becareful too, people may think you're shooting up heroin or something...
  4. I would be careful with that hun. Congratulations on stopping the cutting. I've been given a few suggestions to stop cutting and although they haven't worked for me I can pass them on hopefully to help others. Try snapping rubberbands on your skin or putting ice to your skin, anything that gives you the pain, but no permanent damage. Please try to stay safe and take care.
  5. Ruby

Ruby Well-Known Member

Is what i'm doing dangerous? :unsure:
  6. Spearmint

Spearmint Well-Known Member

Possibly..It depends on how much blood you're taking out at a time, how many times you do it a day, etc.. Congratulations on not cutting, that's great. :smile: Try and be safe, eh? :hug:
  7. meagainstme

meagainstme Well-Known Member

the main fear that i have for you is incase it gets infected.
    im not going to say to stop, as that would just make me a hypocrite and i know how terribly hard it is. but stay safe yeah?
  8. Myself

Myself Active Member

You do have to admit that's creative. Though as dangerous, perhaps more dangerous, thann out right cutting. If you don't stop, at the very least be careful how deep you put it in and how much blood you take out. That's the thing you should watch most about it. Just be carefull. Accidental suicides are very sad for loved ones and friends and people of the like. And do yourself and us a favor, and at least sterylize the needle. All I've said has pretty much been said by somebody else, but a second opion is better than one alone.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.