Alternatives to SF?

Discussion in 'Suicidal Thoughts and Feelings' started by 1234567890, Jan 11, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. 1234567890

1234567890 Member

Okay the SF chat is actually making things a million times worse. anyone know any alternatives??

2. In Limbo

In Limbo Forum Buddy

Not using chat - using the forum instead...

Seeing a doctor, counsellor or other health professional...

Speaking to someone like Samaritans...

Be physically active...

Eat well...

Get a good sleeping pattern...

Just some thoughts you understand.

3. 1234567890

1234567890 Member

i need a safe confidential place like another forum than SF.any ideas?

4. In Limbo

In Limbo Forum Buddy

Pass - I would say that if the problem is chat then you're not alone in that regard...the forum is I find more constructive too - of course PM is also confidential in that regard

5. windlepoons

windlepoons Well-Known Member

Chat tends to be more about 'hanging out', the forum is more about support, from what I have seen.
    I am sorry to tell you this is the best forum I have been on, I was on another for 9 years and had less than 400 posts.

6. Sadeyes

Sadeyes Staff Alumni

I agree that chat is not the best option for you then...please refrain from using it and either find support through the forum or other mental health support sites. That would be best for both you and others who would want to support you

7. JustFirefly

JustFirefly Well-Known Member

http://www.depression-chat-rooms.org/ Unfortunate there is only One room ---> A lot of people in a room, like 30-40. So chat moves fast.. Also i put sound on mute (loud and noisy). I usually go here first because theres a chance you can get one on one convo going, there its like 8 convo's going at once.

8. Speedy

Speedy Staff Alumni

Dear 1234567890,

I too get the sense that your being in chat has done zero good for you....with that said, I agree with those who have advised you to refrain from using the SF chat. With all due respect, I strongly urge you to discontinue your participation in chat, and instead try our forums and other support websites to see if any of those alternatives are healthier for you. My hope is that you find another safe, rejuvenating haven somewhere out there....where you are not only free to express yourself as you wish, but also able to be comfortable in your own shoes. Truly, it saddens me that your participation in the SF chat seems to be a part of why your health is deteriorating.....maybe chat is just not a good fit for you. Anyways, please know I'm so sorry to learn of your bad experiences, and thanks so much for reaching out here. I look forward to hearing from you again.

Alex

Last edited by a moderator: Jan 11, 2012
  9. Petal

Petal SF dreamer Staff Alumni SF Supporter

Try recoveryourlife.com It has an active chat room too.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.