Always binged... purging's new.

Discussion in 'Mental Health Disorders' started by aoeu, Jun 29, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. aoeu

aoeu Well-Known Member

Well, I ate a bunch of junkfood I didn't want to eat (happens a lot, usually takes weeks to undo). I decided I didn't want it in me, and I didn't want to wait several weeks to get rid of it, so I tried to purge... I jammed my fingers down my throat 6 times in quick succession, but only gagged, at least tonight.

But why fight it? What's the disadvantage? I always binge. My family always binges. And I'd love to be able to do it guilt-free...

And this is a crude thought that came to mind ;)
    Man do I want to have oral sex with a dude!

2. triggs

triggs Account Closed

:hug: Steffen please don't do this to yourself. there are other ways of controlling what you eat and this is not a good one!
    there are so many side effects of purging you wouldn't believe, it's not just the main ones that people talk about! you could damage yourself a whole lot if you continue!
    please don't do this! do you have someone you can talk to about how you feel? if you want you can talk to me any time, just PM me.. i've been through a lot when it comes to food and it's messed with my head.
    please reconsider this. i know it seems appealing at first but it's really not worth it!
    thinking of you :heart: triggs xx

3. aoeu

aoeu Well-Known Member

Okay, it doesn't seem to have been that bad a binge, anyhow. 2000 calories over 2 days (+regular diet), I've done worse (9000 over 3...) Any remaint will be gone within the week...

I guess the other night was mostly overwhelming. I wanted to hurt myself. So I binged. I wanted to hurt myself. So I tried to purge.

Had a panic attack today, too... Just not going great at the moment. Maybe tomorrow will be better.

4. triggs

triggs Account Closed

i can understand that, but rather than trying to hurt yourself, doint something productive will make you feel so much better afterwards :hug: even though it can seem like the last thing you want to do at that time.
    if you ever need to talk i'm here okay :heart: thinking of you
    triggs xx

5. shades

shades Staff Alumni

I'd llike to help you if I can! How is it that your family binges? Did you learn it from them? If you did, obvioulsy you can't get any help from them and you should be in therapy for this.

I haven't been around as long as you have, so I don't know your history. Why not run or jog to get the weight off? That way you get rid of the calories and don't have to purge which is extremely detrimental to your health.

Please take care.

6. aoeu

aoeu Well-Known Member

I'm not sure if it's clinical binging - we just like to eat, and given available food we'll consume all of it with no difficulty, often to the point of sickness. I don't think it's a matter of therapy, just bad habits.

I do run, I bike, I do pushups, situps, squats, pullups, I've got a high metabolism to start... But I eat a lot. And when I decide to buy junk food, I eat a lot more.

7. Remedy

Remedy Chat & Forum Buddy

A good idea is to rid the house of junk food, but if your family is keen on it, that makes it harder. You don't have to follow their example though. You're your own person and eventually you can work towards replacing those bad habits with healthier ones. Already halfway there by exercising.
    Purging does crazy damage to your body... it's not a solution, just another problem. :hug:

8. aoeu

aoeu Well-Known Member

I'm living on my own at this point. When I was at home, the presence of junk food in the house was a bit of a contentious issue - I didn't want it there, because I'd eat it, which I didn't want.

The reason I had the junk food this time was because I was in a lousy mood which seemed to be cureable with cookies, so I went and bought a lot of cookies.

I'm actually considering doing that again right now.

Holy crap! Popcorn - it's perfect! Low calories AND good binge-food!

Last edited by a moderator: Jul 1, 2009
  9. aoeu

aoeu Well-Known Member

Sweet, all the grocery stores are closed today so I can't get food. This should allow me to burn off that entire box of cookies in one day!

10. Lizzy17

Lizzy17 Member

I beg you not to start, please. I gave myself eight cavities in one yr and I never had one in my whole life! It's so hard to quit when you start. And even when you try to quit your body tells you NO, because it's so use to it. I quit for a while, but my body just automatically threw up after eating.

11. aoeu

aoeu Well-Known Member

Okay, well, I'm not so inclined to purge now...

I eat 2000 calories per day (and this is after adding in junk food!) I should be consuming at least 3000. Shouldn't I be slowly starving? What's going on?

Should I be eating more? I eat whenever I'm hungry at all.

Edit: *Buuuuurppp* Okay, ate a 1000 calorie, 40g protein sandwich. Problem solved for today?!

Last edited by a moderator: Jul 31, 2009
  12. aoeu

aoeu Well-Known Member

Aaagh, I have no idea what I should be doing. Should I be eating more? Less? The same amount? Different foods? I don't know what to do.

13. Dragon

Dragon Staff Alumni

Not sure of the situation so I'm not sure how much use anything I say will be, but here goes.

Are you trying to lose weight? If so, it's important to take into account how much you currently weight (ie a heavier person will require more calories), and your gender - males require 2500 cal per day, women require 2000 (if their weight is 'average').

I'm curious as to why you think you should be starving? Sorry if I missed something.

14. triggs

triggs Account Closed

hey hun, i think you may have your facts a bit wrong
    generally speaking, a man of average weight will use up approximately 1750 calories per day just doing nothing, and not much more from exercise unless it is quite a lot.
    therefore, if you're aiming to lose weight, you should be eating around 1750 calories per day instead of 2000 or 2500, and really not 3000 or above.
    and really, to actually starve yourself would require you not to consume anything at all - which is obviously a very bad idea.
    perhaps if you see your doctor about losing weight, he can suggest a dietician/nutritionist you could see who could set out an ideal meal-plan and exercise regime for you?
    i hope things go well hun xx

15. aoeu

aoeu Well-Known Member

I'm 21 years old, 6'0 tall, 180 pounds, muscular, active. I'm not trying to lose weight, I'm trying to maintain my current weight and still gain muscle. Sources I've investigated say that for someone of my weight, height, age, gender, body type and level of activity indicate I should be consuming 2800-3500 calories per day... Gaining muscle is more important to me than losing fat.

16. anhedonia

anhedonia Member

Yes pls don't start. It'll be downhill from there...

You need to start finding out when you're full or if you're not eating to fill yourself, what is food standing in for?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.