Always regretful and anxious

Discussion in 'I Have a Question...' started by thepainwithin, Dec 18, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. thepainwithin

thepainwithin Well-Known Member

Like the title says, I'm always regretful and anxious, and I don't know why.

I will always post something on Facebook, then 5 minutes I'll think that I shouldn't have posted it and delete it, like I posted a picture of something I thought was funny, then 5 minutes later I think it's stupid and I get embarrassed I posted it. Or I'll type a whole forum post, then just delete it. I always regret sending an e-mail and I'm always nervous when I get a response.

I have an irrational fear that every time I get a call from a number I don't know that it's going to be someone calling to say I'm in trouble.

And I always have a feeling of anxiousness in my stomach. I have a clear conscious, absolutely nothing weighing on my conscious, but I'll find something to worry about...

And see, I almost deleted this.
  2. total eclipse

total eclipse SF Friend Staff Alumni

Well i am glad you did not delete this hun because like you i am the same way. I post then delete what i wrote feeling bad for writing it I can so relate hun. I think my anxiety comes from just insecurities just not sure of anything really anymore. Hugs to you
  3. Witty_Sarcasm

Witty_Sarcasm Writer, Musician, Fun Lover, Magic Maker

I feel the same way lots of's hard to explain. Like I don't put things that I find funny that might offend someone, or worry that I'll piss someone off if I speak my mind. I second guess all the emails I send, what I post and how I might sound to others. I think if I contact someone first, like extend the hand of friendship to them, I wonder if they'll think I'm weird or lame or something. Maybe that's why you feel anxious, because you feel that you might be bothering someone, or that you'll say the wrong thing, or that you'll mess up. Maybe that's not why you feel that way, but I can relate to that feeling.
  4. thepainwithin

thepainwithin Well-Known Member

"or that you'll say the wrong thing, or that you'll mess up"

ya that sounds about right.

It just doesn't seem like there's any hope for a social life any more. I spend all day trying to find anyone to do something with when I'm home, so much anxiety when I'm just sitting here playing the same boring video games I play every day. No hobbies. Never closer to getting a girlfriend. It sucks, I can't even meet girls online, and I feel like such a loser that I'm even trying...
  5. total eclipse

total eclipse SF Friend Staff Alumni

Lots of people that meet friends on line hun Dating sites some work some dont but if you don't try you will never know what is out there right hugs
  6. VikKalmbach

VikKalmbach Active Member

Honestly brother, your girlfriend is somewhere in her basement, anxiously deleting posts, playing the same video games, praying to find you too. I believe, "trying" or passion, or energy, "moving forward", or whatever you wanna call the engine that drives you is the be all and end all at breaking barriers down in life. You may feel a little silly, like your trying to push this wall down but your feet are slipping and everyone is watching you, but if you walk away without trying, you'll never know what you have to bring back with you to break that thing down. Then the next one, then the next one. I don't know you personally, but I love you the same, and I want you to know that anyone trying to overcome anything in there life is NOT a loser, you are a hero to me and anyone in the same situation.

Find your girl man,
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.