always tired?

Discussion in 'Mental Health Disorders' started by morning rush, Jul 12, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. morning rush

morning rush Well-Known Member

I don't know what is wrong with me, I'm always tired. I sleep all the time...and I know it's not depression but now I'm not sure if it isn't something else...I am so tired ALL the time.

I sleep, sleep, get up and I barely stay up for 12 hrs...idk what's wrong with me at all...

could it be the anxiety? I mean I have a hard time falling'll take me hours before falling asleep but once I sleep then I sleep alot...idk...I'm a bit worried...and I don't see my doc until september so...maybe I need to see my psychiatrist...I just don't know...

maybe I'm not very active and that's why...
  2. Terry

Terry Antiquities Friend Staff Alumni

How about a trip to your GP, sounds like a fasting blood test could be in order.
  3. morning rush

yeah I have one from my psychiatrist...I was waiting on seeing my family doc in september because I didn't want to have to go twice, since she will also ask for a blood test...but maybe I need to go asap...
  4. flowers

flowers Senior Member

I think that going sooner than sept would be a good idea. Its always best to know whats going on. Just to put your mind at ease. So I vote to call your GP's office on Fri and make an apt :hug:
  5. total eclipse

total eclipse SF Friend Staff Alumni

Oh hun please talk to you doctor ok could be many reasons why you are tired iron low your thyroid etc hun go get a blood test done now so you can start getting the help you need sooner to feel stronger hugs
  6. LostInMyDaydreams

LostInMyDaydreams Well-Known Member

Hope everything turned out alright for you at the doctors. :)
  7. morning rush

I already have an apt in september and cannot get any sooner so I will do the test that my psy has given me...but I think it's my anxiety making me tired and the fact I don't do much. When I go out for a long time and come home I have more energy or so it I think maybe it's because I don't go out enough...
  8. flowers

flowers Senior Member

yes, my friend, that sounds logical. But I am glad you are going to have bloodwork done. Will you mention to your psy that you are feeling so tired? That way he or she can make sure to elminate all other things such as thyroid etc, as Total Eclipse mentioned :hug:
  9. meaningless-vessel

meaningless-vessel Well-Known Member

It was through my depression that my GP recommended that I had a blood test done. It came back with the majority of things normal, but my serum ferritin/transferrin saturation were actually elevated, so he requested that they tested for something else which I have been confirmed as having (thanking genetics here).

So there is a possibility that iron could be high too and also playing a part. There are so many reasons it could be, but many of us put it off to not enough physical/mental exertion.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.