Am exhausted...

Discussion in 'Rants, Musings and Ideas' started by meaningless-vessel, Sep 11, 2014.

1. meaningless-vessel

meaningless-vessel Well-Known Member

Feeling physically weary to the point I just want to spend 90% of the day in bed. But I can't do so as I need to be out at work. Even when I do so little physical activity I just want to sleep.

Wonder if it's my ferritin levels rising again :/ Damn curse of fatigue... :(

2. Petal

Petal SF dreamer Staff Alumni SF Supporter

Hi hun...sorry you are feeling so weak. I have the exact same problem, maybe these are silly suggestions but they are helping me in the short term....lots of water,lots of energy drinks and I'm also taking pro plus (caffeine and glucose tablets), also taking multiivitams.

It is very draining and daunting :( Or maybe because you have been working so hard recently that you actually do need the rest?

Is it possible you could take some time off work and maybe get some blood tests done to make sure everything is okay? I care about you Gary!

3. meaningless-vessel

Can't afford time off work.. Have used up most of my holiday because of a little muck up with how they were working it. And I have to make sure I'm not having time off sick either - I don't want to ruin my reputation as the highest earning staff member (done that 2 months running now) - urgh.. it doesn't make much sense and i'm probably being a bit disorientated with my words/turns of phrase.

Water doesn't do much - energy drinks? what happens when I get used to them - it's no different to being on medication that after a period of time needs increasing because the potency isn't working. :/

Urgh. Sorry. Not being good today.

4. Petal

You're fine Gary :hug: About the energy drinks-that is why I stated short term. But really if you are feeling extremely weak you need to see a doctor in case there is an underlying issue.

Can tell from your wording you're feeling pretty miserable. Were you working today or off to work now?

:hug:

5. meaningless-vessel

off yesterday and today.

But somehow I always manage to show "front" of being all jolly at work to appeal to customers... :? which in turn affects me when I'm not there.

urgh. this irritation can do one. How bloody annoying is it that I can't focus on what I want to be doing without being physically drained.. or devoid of what I need... :/

6. Petal

I am sorry Gary. :( Really am. Wish there was some way I could help, honestly. You know where to find me if you need me :)

7. meaningless-vessel

If ya got a magic wand and a DNA changer kit to take this goddamn condition away? Then maybe you could help. But it's probably par for the course that I have yet another dip in mood and agitation :?

I'm probably being a right royal pain in the neck too. :?

8. Petal

LOL No never a pain. I hope this horrible weakness wears off soon :hug:

9. meaningless-vessel

You haven't seen me be a pain then...

10. Petal

Oh I have :p I'm just patient hahaha

11. meaningless-vessel

Oh. Ok then.

(goes off to the corner of the thread... )

12. Petal

:imsorry: Sorry I cannot help Gary... :peace:

13. scaryforest

scaryforest Banned Member

whom have you got around in your life usually? can ask them to motivate you to get up and do things also.
    or do productive/fun stuff whilst in bed. and also agree with petal, doctor long term. these other suggestions are short term

14. meaningless-vessel

Fun stuff needs energy.... doesn't work with little to none available...

And what's the point in others motivating me? They can't be around every single time I need them.. :?

(sorry.. i'm just a bit... tetchy shall we call it? )

15. scaryforest

not every single time but sometimes. fun stuff doesn't require much energy. well, depends what it is

16. Butterfly

Butterfly Pokémon Master Staff Alumni SF Author SF Supporter

Have you considered that the drop in mood might be accounting for the tiredness?? I agree with scaryforest, fun things don't always have to mean you use up a lot of energy. For me right now I am losing myself in video games, for other people it may be books etc.

17. meaningless-vessel

Tiredness hasn't helped the mood, not the other way around. Was feeling shattered before 6pm, and I'm still fighting at being awake for a short while longer.

Mood has clearly since dipped. Think its frustration at myself as much as anything else.

18. scaryforest

for both mood and sleepiness, short term things, try things such as airing room regular and refreshing teas at breakfast time. how is your diet? add more vitamins, also could ask doctor about that. cold water on face, little things to wake yourself. how is sleep when you do sleep... slumber or interrupted?

19. meaningless-vessel

Starting to be mentally weary now. Thinking too much :/

20. meaningless-vessel

Been back at work for half a day and im irritable as hell as well as exhausted. Im in a pretty bad way right now, and I fear I could get worse :(