Am I a slut?

Discussion in 'I Have a Question...' started by Unregisteredkjjskdj, Jan 30, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Please do not move this thread. This question is important to me.

When I was younger, between the ages of 13-15 I slept with many guys(maybe 10-15). I wasn't in a relationship with any of them. They were all one night stands.Looking back, I regret it so much. I just wanted someone to like me :(

Does this make me a slut?

2. crookxshanks

crookxshanks Well-Known Member

no, i dont think it does. i think its just you experiencing life and wanting to be loved at an earlier age. everyone wants someone to like them its just that when your unloved somewhere you'll go elsewhere to look for it

please try not to regret your past so much as im sure you've learnt something from it :hug:

3. andyc68

andyc68 Guest

hell no hun, so you slept with some guys! doesnt make you a slut, its just part of life, we all do things at times to feel loved and how we express this desire is up to us.
    you have nothing to regret as this all made you who you are, makes you an individual.
    as crooks said this is something to learn from rather than regret.

4. Nuri

Nuri Well-Known Member

It doesn't make you a slut at all.

To be honest, I think you were just experimenting and there's nothing wrong with that, it's not like you were doing any harm to you or anyone else and you were trying to discover what love was, so don't beat yourself up because of it, if anything, most guys these days actually like a little bit of experience so don't worry and the fact that you're posting about it now most likely says that you've discovered what real love is, if not, then you're definitely on the right track, so well done. :hug:

5. Stranger1

Stranger1 Forum Buddy & Antiquities Friend

In my opinion no your not a slut.I think you were looking for someone to love you and to hold you , to tell you they care. You also were at the age where you were experimenting with your own sexuality. In some cultures girls that age get married because they have reached puberty they are considerd an adult. So don't be down on your self there was nothing wrong with what you did. Take care!!~Joseph~

6. soliloquise

soliloquise Well-Known Member

slut is a horrible word.. its a nasty value judgement
    we all do things we regret.. please don't be so hard on yourself. i don't think you have done anything wrong.. nor do i think it wrong if people chose to sleep withlots of people.. just be safe always

sam x

7. mr. ducks

mr. ducks Guest

No, the official prerequisite for slut is at least 60 men according to the World Almanac.

8. fromthatshow

fromthatshow Staff Alumni

no, you're not a slut :hug:

9. plates

plates Well-Known Member

No. That's a term of shame /suffocation/control.

You were just looking to be loved, I've only had one sexual relationship and I, at times, when I'm feeling shit/self destructive, sometimes call myself a slut for trying to establish contact for love, just like you.

10. porcelain child

porcelain child Well-Known Member

I don't think you are a slut your obviously someone who wanted to be loved so badly..

xxx

11. mixedemotions

mixedemotions Forum Buddy

No, yours not a slut

12. ~PinkElephants~

~PinkElephants~ Senior member

OP, I do not think you're a slut. I think you're someone who just got caught up in the chaos of wanting to feel like you were loved. It's not the way to go about things clearly, but it happens. Everyone wants to feel loved and sometimes people will do most anything to obtain that feeling. The problem is as horrible as this sounds and this is by no means a dig at ALL guys...guys are pigs.

Guys will do most anything to get a girl in the bed and not even worry about feelings or concerns. You just have to be aware that having sex is no way to gain love, it's just a way to get a temporary rush of emotions. Everyone awnts to feel loved especially as a younger teen. It's like a way to fit in so to speak. It's hard, but in the end you just have to be aware that sometimes guys will do anything and say anything to get to that moment but in the end it's up to you to gain a some values and self worth(even though it's hard for a depressed person to do sometimes) and realize you're worth more than that.

Good luck.

13. Thanks Kelly :hug:

That's what my therapist said too.

I have learned from the past and from these mistakes, I just find it very difficult to believe I am worth more. What you said helped me understand why I acted this way, thank you :)

14. Ziggy

Ziggy Antiquitie's Friend

Every day you're a different person. I'm not the person I was a year ago, last week or even yesterday. People change, and the past isn't 'you' it's simply the past. That person's gone.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.