Am I alone in this?

Discussion in 'Help Me! I Need to Talk to Someone.' started by Gssantos, Apr 3, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Gssantos

Gssantos New Member

Hi, I'm a 24 year old male that is having some problems... long story short, I just feel like I'm in an abyss. I'm lost and whenever I'm alone I start thinking about killing myself. There are moments and periods where I forget, but whenever I'm alone with my thoughts after something went wrong in my life, I start thinking about suicide. It isn't the "I have to kill myself right now" thing, it's more like, what's the point? I'm tired of this, I'm just tired of life. I'm affraid to tell anyone this is how close to the edge I am, I'm ashamed of feeling this way. I don't want to be the person who seems to threaten suicide when things get bad. But these thoughts, they are coming more and more. I'm in a particular bad period in my life, where I'm being forced to start a new life somewhere else because of something that it's my fault and caused me to lose my best friend, and I'm actually torn between attempting a start over or just ending it... I don't know what to do
  2. Petal

Petal SF dreamer Staff Alumni SF Supporter

Hi and welcome to the forum. A lot of us have been where you are, or still are and most make it out of this depression. Have you seen a doctor or therapist? Your GP would be the best place to start. make the most out of starting a new life, I would kill for that opportunity but I can understand your feelings. You can overcome this rough period in your life, get professional help and we will be there for you also!
  3. Gssantos

Gssantos New Member

I've been talking to a therapist but now that I'm moving to a new country I will have ton find a new one. I'm moving because the place where I am now is toxic for me, but I don't know anyone in london, where I'm going to. And I know it's stupid, but I feel like I'm a weak person if I can't deal with this alone... my life isn't that bad! Who am I to feel like this when there are others in much worse situations than me? I just feel so unhappy and tired anyways
  4. Petal

The answer to that is because no two people's pain are the same. Start afresh, you will make friends hopefully. You're 24 not 84, mistakes will be made more likely and you will learn from them!! ((hugs )) to you. You will do great! Have some faith in yourself, its natural to have be nervous over a change in location. You will find a new therapist and doctor and you have us here too.
  5. Rockclimbinggirl

Rockclimbinggirl SF climber Staff Member Safety & Support

Welcome @Gssantos to the forum. Good luck with your move. You can do it.
  6. ThePhantomLady

ThePhantomLady Safety and Support SF Supporter

I can tell you that you're not alone with how you feel.

I understand how moving can be scary under any circumstances; but please try to take it as a great opportunity to start over on things, start to create the life you want to live. I believe in you.

And like Petal said, you can never compare two people's pain. Your problems are just as real.

Just don't give up! Try to look positively at this opportunity! Good luck in London... gosh I love that town!
  7. Petal

How are you feeling today, I'd like to read an update on how you are? Wishing you well! Hope things have improved a bit :)
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.