Am I alone in this?

Discussion in 'Self Harm & Substance Abuse' started by poisonedresistance, Aug 11, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. poisonedresistance

poisonedresistance Well-Known Member

I started self harming about 6 years ago, at first small scratches, then progressed to a real mess on my wrist, one attempt so bad needing stitches which have left pronounced keloid scars making it obvious to all who catch a glimpse.

So i have moved to internal self harm. suppose being a girl this makes things easier and I have choices,, but still,,,,, folk dont know and cant see.

i dont want a lecture, i just want to know if im the only one who does this
  2. SashaJade

SashaJade Well-Known Member

Abjure, you are not alone in this. Many people harm themselves on the inside instead of the outside, and in a variety of different ways.

I harm myself on the inside, but judging by what i'm getting from your post it is in a different manner.

Hope you're okay.

Sam :snake:
  3. poisonedresistance

poisonedresistance Well-Known Member

Hiya Sam, thanks for reply, nice to know im not alone, just dont want to feel like a complete freak
  4. kizzybaby

kizzybaby Well-Known Member

Ulthough ive only self harmed externally, I have read others experiences which i assure you are evidence that you are far from alone in this. self harm is self harm. It doesnt always mean razor to wrist. It takes on any form. Im sorry you are suffering like this. I hope things get better, and i hope you are safe... x
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.