Am I alone?

Discussion in 'Suicidal Thoughts and Feelings' started by NotsoBreezy, May 11, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. NotsoBreezy

NotsoBreezy New Member

Suicide has been a constant in my mind for 12 years. Can't say for certain what triggered my depression but I feel like I'm finally at my wits end. I recently stopped taking the Zoloft that just made me numb to the b.s. Effexor, Prozac, Cymbalta I've taken em all. They DO NOT make me all happy go lucky they just dull the pain. No one except my mom even knows I battle depression. If I talk to her about it she just counters it with how depressed SHE is!. I watch the news and hear of all the lives lost. People battling cancer, car accidents, murder, all innocent. yet there are so many people on here that would take their own lives if brave enough. It just makes no sense.

2. total eclipse

total eclipse SF Friend Staff Alumni

Depression makes no sense it is an illness ok There is hope though new hope for hard to treat depression so hold on ok
    you have only tried a few of the antidepressants out there it takes time to find the right one ok so don't give up

3. Petal

Petal SF dreamer Staff Alumni SF Supporter

No, you are not alone in your thoughts, yes the news can be very daunting, it makes me appreciate my life more though.
    Did you stop taking the zoloft under your doctors guidance? There are many many more medications that could help you and it can take a long time to find the right ones.

4. NYJmpMaster

NYJmpMaster Have a question? Message Me Staff Member Forum Owner ADMIN

Medication is not supposed to make you "happy go lucky" , if all it does is dull the pain to a tolerable level then it is in fact working exactly like it is supposed to. Once that pain is dulled to controllable bearable amounts, the happiness still has to come from you or the world and situation around you. It is not meant to be like recreational drugs where the fun and happy is included but you are in a delusional state. If the pain is dulled so you are not immobilized by pain and fear then you need to use that freedom from lying in pain and tears constantly to go find things to bring contentment and happiness into your life and avoid the triggers that make you feel worse. Are you working with a therapist or counselor that could help with that portion of it?

5. ScarlettHurts1990

ScarlettHurts1990 Active Member

Hi notsobreezy! I relate to a lot of what you said. I've also been battling a long, uphill struggle with depression and suicidal thoughts for 12 years. I think the same thing about stuff on the news. There is so much death in the world these days that I am struggling to find answers as to why other people must die and I wake up every morning, even though I'd rather not. Honestly, I don't think there are any answers. I don't think anything can justify one innocent life lost. All I can say is that it brings to mind how short life really is and that we cannot dwell on all the misfortunes of the world- it'll just make us miserable, although I admit I do the same exact thing. I am wishing you a day that brings you peace and happiness. You'll see a better day!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.