Am I an Alcoholic?

Discussion in 'Therapy and Medication' started by Shock, Oct 7, 2008.

1. Shock

Shock Well-Known Member

So I just did these quizes on the net and according to them Im tottallt an alcho!:laugh: but i think thats just over zealous bull shit. So the reason I ask is that I lately Ive been really feeling like having a drink every night. Ill break down my habits and you guys can give me your opinions:

-I drink at least one night every weekend, probably between 15 and 25 standard drinks on a night out. I've got a pretty high tolerance for alchohol and rarely have a hangover the next day. Just feel really tired.

-Some nights (probably once every 1.5 weeks) I drink alone, like between 3 and 6 standard drinks cause Im bored and theres nothing better to do.

-Some nights (once a week) after work I like to have about 2 standard drinks cause it helps me sleep better

i dont think i have a problem but what do you guys think?
  2. Eric

Eric Well-Known Member

The only thing that could make you an alcoholic would the the second thing, drinking alone, but hey, I'm no one to judge you on that.

Drinking on weekends, even in heavy amounts, doesn't deem you an alcoholic, you just like having fun.

And drinking after work (in moderate amounts) is not bad to be honest, it's a great stress reliever and gets you dreaming faster.
  3. sudut

sudut Well-Known Member

I go to AA and we are taught that if you are concerned, you most likely are.
    the meetings help. most people here cannot connect to what you are going through; an alcoholic knows deep in his soul that he/she is an alcoholic, you don't need to ask anyone.