am I asking for too much?

Discussion in 'Rants, Musings and Ideas' started by emmbnm, Apr 29, 2014.

1. emmbnm

emmbnm Member

I'm having a few difficult weeks and apparently i'm asking for too much wanting to talk to my bf about it. apparently i'm supposed to go thorugh it all by myself and pretend im happy and great around him so he wont leave me. I cant deal with it
  2. Freya

Freya Loves SF Staff Member ADMIN

emmbnm :hug: I am sorry your attempts to communicate with your bf have ended in you feeling this way. Some people find it very hard to deal with emotional problems. Some men in particular (sorry to sound sexist) think very much in terms of resolving problems - if they cannot see a specific problem or offer a specific resolution they find it hard to talk about it. Talking to process emotion and to feel listened to is a predominantly female trait unfortunately. I am sorry you have been left feeling like he does not care.

Please talk to us here - lots of people willing to listen. You are not alone.
  3. nagisa

nagisa Chat & Forum Buddy Staff Alumni

No, you aren't asking for too much. *hugs* You should be able to talk to your boyfriend about things that are upsetting you. I think Freya is right in that many men have this issue and their significant others can be left unsatisfied with that aspect of the relationship but I do think it is something that he should work on if you want to have a happy relationship in the long run.
  4. emmbnm

emmbnm Member

so basically I will never be able to talk to my bf about problems I'm having with my family? I should just stop trying? I've decided to pretend that everything is fine, because I dont want him to leave me. so I'll just pretend and hold everything in, and when I'm alone I'll let it all out, like I always do
  5. Daphna

Daphna Well-Known Member

My heart goes out to you. Life's problems are easier to deal with when you have someone to share the burden with. We all go through trials and have issues. It's too much to deal with alone. You would think that a partner would be the one who would be there the most, but sadly this isn't always the case. I believe that when someone loves you; they will be there to hug you and to reassure you that everything will be alright through whatever comes your way. At least they should. If not; there are too many fish in the sea to settle. JMPO.