Am I becoming anorexic? Please help!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

HelloLove

I used to eat lots. I am in the normal range of weight and look a bit more towards the skinny side. I loved food so much,I loved most foods. Now it's been like a month that I can barely eat. I have lost my appetite somehow,I mean, I AM hungry when I wake up but prefer not to eat breakfast because I don't like jam,butter etc. I can barely eat lunch because the lunch food doesn't suit my taste suddenly after waking up without breakfast.
I don't eat fruits and vegetables and... I so badly carve fast food. I loved fast food before too but I have reached a level that I can only and only eat fast food and doesn't matter how much it is,I will definitely finish that dish. But well,you can't always eat fast food because that is expensive,so I eat like,one meal of fast food for day and barely few snacks for the rest of the day.
This has led to a drastic change in my face. I always lose wheight in my face and I think I have became ugly this way.
I am so lost and I don't know what is going on and why I lost my love towards many foods that I enjoyed before. Can you help me or at least tell me what is happening to me?Am I anorexic?

Sorry to hear that you are going through this.

I don't claim to be an expert on eating disorders, but it doesn't sound like what you are experiencing is anorexia. I think in anorexia there is a deliberate attempt to lose weight, and typically a distorted perception of the body (thinking you are overweight when in fact you are very underweight).

You may be malnourished and have a problem with appetite though, which can be equally serious, but may be more easily treated.

The ideal thing would be to see a doctor, if you can afford that or if you are in a country that provides free healthcare. There may also be some sources of free food such as government programs (like foodstamps in the US), and community and church food pantries and food banks.

Do you want to say what fast foods you are able to eat? You may be able to buy ingredient in a grocery store and make similar items at home for less money.

Potatoes are usually pretty cheap. If you slice some potatoes and bake them on an oiled, foil-lined sheet, you can make some tasty french fries for cheap. You might want to try looking up a recipe online, but there's also frozen pre-sliced potatoes that you can buy (more expensive though).

I've read that if you dry-fry bell pepper in black pepper and nibble on it, it can help to stimulate appetite.

Kathie Sunflower

Hi HelloLove, only a doctor can give you a diagnosis, but this doesn't sound like a healthy eating behaviour.
Why are you not liking many foods? Are you afraid of them making you gain weight (a typical symptom of anorexia)? Does the thought of eating certain foods or amount of foods cause anxiety?
It could also be that your lack of appetite comes from depression, I have heard of many people experiencing this.

HelloLove

Hi HelloLove, only a doctor can give you a diagnosis, but this doesn't sound like a healthy eating behaviour.
Why are you not liking many foods? Are you afraid of them making you gain weight (a typical symptom of anorexia)? Does the thought of eating certain foods or amount of foods cause anxiety?
It could also be that your lack of appetite comes from depression, I have heard of many people experiencing this.
I actually want to gain weight because many told me I was prettier with weight on. Today that some friend told me I lost lot's of weight in my face I cried lots. I just feel so stressed and broken inside that can't open my mouth to chew and swallow. Fast food seems to be like a medicine for my pain only.

Kathie Sunflower

I actually want to gain weight because many told me I was prettier with weight on. Today that some friend told me I lost lot's of weight in my face I cried lots. I just feel so stressed and broken inside that can't open my mouth to chew and swallow. Fast food seems to be like a medicine for my pain only.
That sounds more like depression/anxiety related lack of appetite. Are you in therapy? This seems like a symptom of some bigger problems and working on them with a therapist and maybe medication will most likely lead to you getting an appetite (among other things) again.

HelloLove

That sounds more like depression/anxiety related lack of appetite. Are you in therapy? This seems like a symptom of some bigger problems and working on them with a therapist and maybe medication will most likely lead to you getting an appetite (among other things) again.
sadly therapy is too expensive here

Walker

Admin
SF Social Media
SF Author
SF Supporter
If you don't eat fast food then the craving for it goes away. Like other typical young people you would rather have that than fruits and vegetables. That doesn't make it healthy for you. Spend the money you save on something you'd really like to have instead.
I agree, this doesn't sound like anorexia but you're heading towards an eating disorder if you don't get straightened out soon. Good luck.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Please Donate to Help Keep SF Running

Total amount
$145.00
Goal
$255.00