Am I being selfish?

Discussion in 'Suicidal Thoughts and Feelings' started by SeperatedOne, Mar 12, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. SeperatedOne

SeperatedOne Active Member

Everyday I wake up and I think to myself, today is the day. I'm leaving this cruel world and there is no one going to stop me, I'm so determined but then I think about my younger brother and sister and it hits me. I'm so selfish and what I plan to do is something that could stick with them for the rest of their lives.

This keeps me up at night, I cry just thinking about it.

I love them so much, they will never understand how much I love them and want them to be happy and safe, but I can't do it, I can't be their "superwoman" and there will be days where things go wrong, I don't want them to go through it alone, I mean my parents, they're there but sometimes there a problems a parent can't understand or fix.

I'm so confused.
  2. may71

may71 Well-Known Member

hey there!

the love that you feel for your brother and sister is a wonderful thing and I think that it could serve as a good motivator to help you try to get better.

do you want to talk about any treatment/ therapy that you've tried? we might be able to give you some suggestions if you've tried some things that haven't worked.

do you feel like you are getting any support from your parents? have you told your brother and sister about how you feel?

I hope that you are able to get through this!!!

:hug: :hug: :hug:
  3. Viro

Viro Well-Known Member

You aren't selfish for feeling badly. You sound like just the opposite - you're considering your siblings.
  4. total eclipse

total eclipse SF Friend Staff Alumni

Hi hun your sibling will always need you and you will need them Your sadness can be so overwhelming i know that is why you need to talk to someone about it okay.
    Talk to your doctor get some help for it so you can feel better Medication does help it does and your right you don't want to leave them with the pain of your loss with the sadness you are feeling now.
    You can have better days talk to your doctor okay parents and get somehelp through meds or therapy hugs
  5. hollowvoice

hollowvoice Senior Member & Antiquities Friend

everyday you can wake up and think to yourself is good
    you obviously have feeling and care very much for people
    you may think your not superwoman but to them i bet you are
    there are problems a parent cant fix no matter how much they say they can thats what docs etc are for and reaching out to people on here
    hope you continue to release on here
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.