Am I being stalked? :'(

A_pixie

I have a problem...This is for myspace users only then you'll know what I'm talking about...I'm all for making friends on the internet, I've met some really good people on here who have helped me with a hell of a lot.

My friend's friend (I say friend, she has met him ONCE! So even she doesn't know him all that well!) he added me. Ok, he's nice, I think, why not keep talking to him, he seems cool. The next day I have 3 new messages from him all saying different things. Ok, maybe he's just very talkative! I respond to him, just talking about music.

The next day I have five new messages saying he misses me. I have comments on all of my photos saying how I'm beautiful (I'm not bragging that's what it said!) and he has posted at least 20 bulletins saying how he "is going to get this girl if it kills him" and "I can't believe I'm in love with a stranger" I ignored these, but they gradually became more obvious...he has now changed his name to "I belong to <insert my myspace name here>" and now a guy that I have known for ages and think I have a shot with is getting annoyed with it!!!

he has threatened to beat up one of my exes despite us actually remaining friends...

I'm worried...I'm not responding to messages. He's becoming more and more demanding over msn although he has never met me...he keeps insisting we meet, and it's making me so depressed. He refuses to speak to me over the phone "in case I don't like him"....yet still expects me to turn up to meet him somewhere!!! It's not that I don't like him as a friend but I've known him online TWO WEEKS and for all I know I could be an Axe Murderer or something!

He also recently told me he has been accused of rape before!!!!

I NEED HELP...seriously...this is driving me nuts.

nagisa

Staff Alumni
Wow. Have you told him you aren't interested? Why don't you just stop talking to him. Something like that would totally freak me out...I'd just end it as fast as possible...

A_pixie

I've told him I just want to be friends...but the messages and everything just won't stop...I could tell him i got a boyfriend I guess but I shouldn't have to lie!

I suggest you block and delete him from your MSN and block him on MySpace, too. Does he have direct contact details for you or your ex who he threatened to hurt? People can actually get in trouble with the police now for cyber harassment/stalking, I think this guy fits the bill perfectly. If you are freaked out (and I would be too, if this happened to me) then maybe inform the police. He sounds like a risk not only to you, but to others too.

A_pixie

He does creep me out at times...but I don't want any feelings to get hurt or for him to harrass my friend because of this but I really am starting to worry for my sanity and safety!!!

I am a little creeped out to say the least.

A_pixie

I haven't actually thought about the cops, I've blocked him at the moment, thankfully...I guess I'm just too surprised well...shocked really to think. I mean I'm hoping it will stop...but I have the horrible feeling this wont go away if I ignore it :S

Someone

I wouldn't really worry about it. For now I would just block the guy and ignore his messages.. Give it a day or two and he'll get bored and give up. Do you know if he lives close by?

F

Fishman

I'd advise NEVER Meet him in person, and like mentioned before cut off all contact with him. If your worried about hurting his feelings just message him that you found his actions rather disturbing and hope theres no hard feeling but feel uncomfortable talking to him.

A_pixie

That's a good way to put it yeah...I mean it's justified that I'm uncomfortable right? Belive me I have no intention of meeting him in person...

A_pixie

oh boy...5 new messgaes...now he wants to come down to see me with the line at the end "damn right im persistant"

I have no idea how to tell this guy without him going mad :S

Allie123

does he know any personal information - like your last name, phone number, address... anything that could lead him to you? If all he knows is your town name, you're probably okay (do you live in a big town?)

If I were you and he knew any more contact information than the town, I would call the police. He definitely seems stalkerish enough to hunt down details about you on the internet. Even if it's something simple like you're a member of the town golf club - then he could look up the golf club online, see a picture of you, find your name, and then trace you (lol I'm bad at making up examples on the spot, but bear with me). I don't know how much / what information you've told him... but remember, it's always better to be safe than sorry. I know it's hard since you seem like such a sweet person, but you really have to take care of yourself first... even if it means the guy will get in trouble.

Good luck and be safe!! :hug: :hug:

Last edited by a moderator:

A_pixie

He has my number but I guess I could just not pick up if he decides to ring me...if my mate didn't know him sort of...this would be so much easier! I don't want her to have trouble with him ya see.,..maybe I could call her and tell her I'm concerned about this? :S

F

FoundAndLost1

I don't know how Facebook works, but can you not notify them of this harassment? It's a hard lesson that The Net is not a place to give out personal information too freely. As well, people that get "fixated" like that often have no idea what the word "NO" means - and there is no easy way to try (no matter your intentions) to resolve it by being gentle about it! And responding in ANY way unfortunately only serves as further encouragement...:sad:

Hurted

Sorry, im not interested in you and i just got new boyfriedn.

Thats all you must say, sweety:hug:

Block him on msn and myspace, and thats it.

You have way too much other problems, this weirdo is not worth you.

Hope he wont bother you anymore, sweety...

Take care:hug:

A_pixie

Thanks for the responses guys, I'm going to have to tell him I've got a new boyfriend (which I haven't but he is stressing me out) this guy will not take No for an answer...I've counted NINE messages today....it's making me afriad to check my messages on myspace! What right does he have to demand why I'm not on msn? I really think I should give my other friend a word of warning...

The thing is if this guy is just a little over-enthusiastic I don't want him to get a bad name!

He did tell me he got accused of rape and has a violent temper though so...Oh my god I don't know! :( I mean why would he tell a stranger these things? :S

Please Donate to Help Keep SF Running

Total amount
$255.00
Goal
$255.00