Am I Being too Cryptic in my Cries for Help?

Discussion in 'I Have a Question...' started by Forgotten_Man, Dec 9, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Forgotten_Man

Forgotten_Man Well-Known Member

So this is something that I am thinking about on my own. Last night I came to a realization that I am just too weak and impatient to actually succeed at fixing what I feel is missing from my life. My usual thought process is that I am just going to gain these skills when they are not going to be useful to me anymore so why bother? So in my insomnia driven late night depression I wrote the following status on my facebook page.

I love it when I come to a realization. The realization that I need to patiently complete the final task of keeping the kitty happy for what is left of her life. Once that is done I can finally quit. No reason to waste time on learning something that I should have learned during my youth.

I wonder if it is too cryptic so I figured I would ask you guys if you know what I mean. Because right now everyone seems to think that I am going to get a kitten. I am not sure how that happened, but that is not the message that I am trying to get by here. This is the closest thing to a cry for help that I am willing to make. If I just bluntly put what I actually meant in there it voids the point. Because then people can keyword scan and freak out which is not what I want. I guess that is just the curse of getting older.

/Begin Rant feel free to stop reading\
    I mean really, is it because I am no longer some annoying teenager that everything I say that has a negative and/or offensive tone just get ignored? I guess maybe I am being too cryptic, but I don't care. I mean why can't people pull out of my posts that I am saying really bad things that should be raising red flags. Maybe it is the whole cryptic thing. However, I really think it is an age thing.

I guess it just goes to show the older you get the less tragic things are. The older you get they are your choices and what can you do about them? The older you get there is no reason to not like someone for living their life. After all, they are old enough to know that their life is in their control. It just annoys the crap out of me that is all.

Then everyone tells me that I am so distant and never open up. I guess that if I am making them think well that is just me shutting them out. I am very much so telling them exactly what I am thinking and feeling. However, since I am not using simple keywords so they do not have to think I am clearly just shutting them out. I know that when it comes to my siblings relationship with each other. They would have no problem communicating in such a cryptic way. However, the loser outcast in the family cannot be understood and should stop wasting their time. Despite the fact that they go on and on about how much they miss me in their life.

Not that there is much I can do about it. I guess when things come to pass I will refer them back to all these little posts that I make to them on facebook. I guess hindsight is 20/20, then again I guess I am also wrong for them wanting to put forth actual effort in their quest to feel good about themselves. After all, they are the ones who feel bad because they have a crappy relationship with a family member and there is no reason for that other than the did not give a crap that I was there to begin with.
    /End Rant Thanks for Reading\

Quick note, on facebook my avatar is the same as on this site.
  2. frypan367

frypan367 Well-Known Member

Yeah I think so . Although on FB is probably not a good idea.
  3. NYJmpMaster

NYJmpMaster Have a question? Message Me Staff Member Forum Owner ADMIN

Yes - you are being far too cryptic and expecting people to understand you based on a half given hint rather than saying a complete thought.

Facebook may or may not be a good place for it anyway but actually saying what you mean instead of hinting and hoping is the way to ask for help. Since saying "I cant take this anymore" and "If this happens again I am going to kill myself" are actually just common figures of speech (as examples) if you actually want help instead of an opportunity to complain at acquaintances or family for not understanding it is your responsibility to genuinely ask for help. Even clearly stating the situation without asking for input advice or help will go unresponded to in most places simply because social etiquette as made people learn to not be "intrusive" or to "mind their own business". Not bad reasoning considering the rants here are split 50/50 between nobody listens and nobody will leave me alone (often with the same person).
  4. demuredawn

demuredawn Well-Known Member

I too believe you are being too cryptic. Probably here we would pick up on it, or at least question it... but out "in the real world" ... and talking to "normal people", they don't think about suicide or mental illness at all... unless u outright say it. It's annoying and frustrating yes, but thats just the way it is. Think about it... if someone were trying to hint at you about a religious problem but you never even attended church or read the bible or torah or w/e the scripture happens to be for the said religion... how would u pick up on it if they didn't come outright and say "God" or "Jesus" or "Yeshua" or "Buddha" or etc? If you want help with something and you are not in a community where everyone deals with that issue day in and day out, you have to be blunt and specific. In a way, you kinda got shock them a bit to get them to understand you are serious ... you need help.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.