Am i bipolar?

Discussion in 'Mental Health Disorders' started by porcelain child, Aug 20, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. porcelain child

porcelain child Well-Known Member

I see there are lots of Bipolar threads but nothing that answers my questions.

Basically i had a really manic 10 days, i was really hyper, overjoyed, loads of energy etc.

Then after the 10 days i crashed and was really suicidal and depressed, this depressive stage lasted 19 days.

I am now fine, i class myself well, not depressed or manic. Is this Bipolar? I am seeing my worker in two weeks and want to tell her what is going on and maybe i can see a psychiatrist about what happened, but i want to see what you all think, if it is Bipolar?

Thank you for the replies..
  2. FrainBart

FrainBart Staff Alumni

I don't think anyone here can really say whether you are or not, your best bet would be talking to your doctor about it and be in detail, Only a doctor can give you a thorough answer whether you are or not. Sorry I cannot be more help than that.
  3. catecholamine

catecholamine Well-Known Member

That can depend on what other symptoms you had. Obviously only a doctor can diagnose you - I would suggest seeing a psychiatrist about it.
    I will, however, make a thread with the DSM-IV criteria for Bipolar 1. I'll go type it up now.
  4. catecholamine

catecholamine Well-Known Member

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.