Am I bisexual?

So I'm a 16 year old girl. I like guys. I know that I like guys, but I kissed on of my girl friends and I liked it. Does that mean I'm bisexual or that I just like to experiment? I really don't know.

We cant tell you if your bisexual. Its for you to know.

But kissing a girl doesnt mean your bisexual. many women (older obviously) do it to seem promiscuious. And you could feel close to your best friend, and so felt ok to kiss her?
Again, we cant tell you. Its somehting inside you to know. And you dont need to know now. you have many years ahead :)

It took me 3 years to get some idea of what sexuality I am. I used to convince myself that I was in fact, bisexual, and I was at least "somewhat" normal. And then sometimes I thought I was 100% gay, and then other times I thought I was straight.
Anyways, getting to the point:
As horrible as this sounds (And I know you probably just wanted a straight-forward answer) it takes time. It's hard to label yourself when you are still confused about your sexuality. It's not going to come to you right away, but in time, you will eventually...know...

Its hard. I know. Live, love who you love, and just go wherever it takes you.

FBD

my advice, forget labeling yourself. who cares if your bisexual, straight, lesbian whatever, what matters is that you care about the person you are with and you are happy. if you like a girl you like a girl, if you like a guy you like a guy, if you like a dog...well thats kinda different :P

be yourself and be happy with who you like, dont worry about labels they dont always capture who you are and how you feel about someone

Mr. E

Pinning down sexuality is often a process of discovery, and it will only take time. I agree with everyone above, especially the idea of dropping the label. I know the confusion can be a bit irksome, but there will be a lot of things you will confront in life that you are unclear about, particularly with matters of self-identity and preferences. The uncertainty is totally normal, and you will come to have a better understanding with time.

I think a lot of people (including myself) consider sexual orientation a sliding scale, or a "continuum." I think it's easy for people to call themselves "gay," "straight," "bisexual," or "experimenting," when really it's just not that black and white. In my opinion, it's more of a percentages thing. For example, I could call myself "bisexual," but people tend to think of that as I like men 50% and women 50%. In fact, I think I would say I like men 70% and women 30%. It's not even enough for me to label myself bi (especially considering I've only *dated* men), but it's significant enough that I can't call myself "straight" or even "bicurious" (I've been in love with women who didn't love me back).

I guess I would agree with those here who have said it takes time to figure it out--and really, don't worry about putting a label on it. Just worry about who and what makes you happy, male, female, trans, intersexed, whatever. <3

I've always thought that sexuality is an abstract concept. I've been with girls, I've been with guys, and I've never labelled myself. I look for love, not labels.

perry_mason

Only time will give you the answers you need.
this.

not to sound dismissive to OP but you are still young, you are developing your identity of who you are etc.

as long as you are safe about it, i woulndt over think it too much.
just make sure you dont hurt others and they dont hurt you.

Please Donate to Help Keep SF Running

Total amount
$70.00
Goal
$255.00