Am I crazy?

Discussion in 'Self Harm & Substance Abuse' started by Littleandy08, Jul 30, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Littleandy08

Littleandy08 Member

Why does everybody judge you if you cut yourself? Why does it have to be wrong? And you know what's even worse that your parents know and they don't give a shit that your mother tells that cutting is for insane people and that your father keeps on blinding himself from your reality that your "friends" keep on insulting you pointing your weakness making you feel less.Why does cutting has to be wrong? So if I do it shall I be in a psychiatric? Am I crazy? Was there something wrong with me since I was born? What's happening?.....why can't I just take the blade and have the courage to pull down and end with my life....why did I ever have to be born...
  2. total eclipse

total eclipse SF Friend Staff Alumni

You are not crazy no you are just someone in pain who is struggling to just survive. You use cutting as a coping skill right now but you can learn new coping skills that will take that pain away inside you. Self harm only is short term new skills you learn will help you cope longer No one should be judging you no one but i am sure that your family just want to see you not harm yourself they care if they did not they would not say anything hugs
  3. Witty_Sarcasm

Witty_Sarcasm Writer, Musician, Fun Lover, Magic Maker

You aren't crazy, and I am sorry that people are making you feel badly about yourself. Some people just don't understand, sometimes they will say negative things. It would be easier if people could just be supportive instead of critical. Maybe talking things out here will help, people won't judge you here.
  4. Unknown_111

Unknown_111 Forum Buddy Staff Alumni SF Supporter

Welcome to the forum. I know you are hurting but you have to remain strong. I know that others are not giving you sympathy. You need to remain. Have you seen a therapist or tried the alternatives. I looked cutting bug ended up using an elastic band. The simple process saved my life and too this day I still survive. Like you, my struggle is hard but we all cope in our own way. Please keep posting and be safe.
  5. Littleandy08

Littleandy08 Member

No I haven't seen a therapist my mother doesn't want to take me cause she says I'm gonna end up broken and that she doesn't want that but I some of part of me is begging to go but I'm scared of telling them
  6. kopell

kopell New Member

You're not crazy, or weak. Everyone has their own reasons for doing things, and yours are no less valid. I hope you can find someone you can talk to who can help.
  7. Therapy is a good idea. You really should go. Your mother does not want to admit that you have problems because she does not want to be blamed for them most likely. I really encourage you to find someone you can talk to. Cutting does not make you crazy or proove that you are. Cutting is a coping mechanism for you (for me too) it is not the healthiest way to deal with things (that's why you should see a councilor) but it is how you handle life right now (I am not encouraging you to keep cutting, just trying to show you that cutting in itself does not make you crazy).
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.