Am I doing the right thing?

Discussion in 'Rape and Abuse' started by Rachael1, Feb 6, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Rachael1

Rachael1 Account Closed

Im finally going to the police about what happened to me..ive been keeping it inside for four years and its been slowly destroying me. Im just so scared about actually doing it and talking about it and im also terrorfied that the people involved will find out and come after me, ive recieved lots of death threats from these people so im genuinely terrorfied.. Im i doing the right thing or not? i just wanted to run away and forget about it but clearly thats not working so something has to happen, im just hoping im making the right choice :?
  2. total eclipse

total eclipse SF Friend Staff Alumni

If you are receiving threats you need to keep the voice mail the emails ect to prove to the police that you are in danger and so you can get protection from these people
    Yes you are doing the right thing hun getting the people or person who harmed you put away so does not harm anyone else Have you reached out to a womens shelter they will help you
  3. Theodora

Theodora Well-Known Member

If you think it's the right choice then it is. Try, though it will be hard for you, to ask for reassurance and protection. As Total Eclipse says a womens' shelter, womens' abuse line is a good choice. My limited contact with those (and similar ones like incest survivors) have shown what strong defenders other women can be. Stay strong.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.