Am I fucked up?? (trigger warning)

Discussion in 'Self Harm & Substance Abuse' started by Confused_Tomboy, Jun 12, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Confused_Tomboy

Confused_Tomboy Well-Known Member

Am I fucked up?? I love to self harm..but then again i don't....The 1 thing i'm 100% sure on is that I dnt care bout the scars...they dnt faze me 1 bit...is that normal? I think the after effects look sooo cool! The scars, the looks, the feel...etc...plz tell me that I AM fucked up...bc I know I am...

2. blondeellen

blondeellen Well-Known Member

well the thinking they look may be a bit but tbh i feel the same about cutting otherwise :/ the scars/cuts just seem part of me

3. Confused_Tomboy

yea...I just love the look...I love everything bout doing it....I know I'm fucked up..but am I really fucked up?????

4. blondeellen

not more than a lot of people. unless you love it in a fashion statement way. in which case your really fucked up :L but if its just how it looks as part of you then thats reasonable normal fucked up? if that makes sense :S :L

5. Confused_Tomboy

uhhh....well...lets not go into the fashion sense here....but idk....i love looking at my scars and marks..they're soooo cool!

6. blondeellen

ok well then other than obviously you should be seeing someone about the self harming (pfft im a hypocrite) i think thats vaguely normal

7. Confused_Tomboy

ok..im glad i got ur opion

8. Growing Pains

Growing Pains Well-Known Member

Yeah, you probably should see someone about it (I'm also a hypocrite), but it is slightly normal. When I first started I kind of liked seeing the scars. I grew out of it but I still don't hate them, per se. I couldn't describe how I feel about them even if I tried.

9. Confused_Tomboy

nice...i shall think about seeing someone...but idk sense both of u said im normal...

10. hollowvoice

hollowvoice Senior Member & Antiquities Friend

i dont think your f'd up either i need my wrist scar to be fresh and stand out so i can just atleast think im alive even though i hide it away from sight of others just knowing it their gives me a sense of calm i guess

11. blondeellen

yes normal...for someone that cuts. not totally not needing help normal

12. Confused_Tomboy

yea...i just want to grab my cutting knife out of my bucket right now and cut....but my ass would be in sooo much trouble...ill wait another hour ot so...i need new and fresh wounds on my arms right now

13. xXWhateverItTakesXx

xXWhateverItTakesXx Forum Buddy

You are not messed up hun. For a person that does SH it's pretty normal.

I liked to stare at my scars for ages because it made me feel happy knowing it was the only way I could escape. I wanted so many of them and all the time.

It's essentially an addiction, and with most addictions you need to keep going, so you are not messed up at all.

However, I would really urge you to find help somewhere, anywhere. It can really take over your life and ruin it..Not something I would like to see happen to you..

Take care, and if you do cut..do it safely

:hug: xx

14. Confused_Tomboy

thanks..and u know...when u said "if u cut..do it safely"? well that's a contradicting statement lol cool cool...I've tried many things...and I was up for 28 straight this weekend... 5pm Sat. to 9pm Sun. I was completely out of it...my laptop asked me to marry him and I talked with the toilet paper and it talked back...I dnt say I'm fucked up now...no.I say I'm EXTREMELY FUCKED UP NOW!!

15. Moat

Moat Banned Member

I suppose it doesn't matter too much what you think of the scars, as long as you are open to talk to everyone who asks about them exactly how you got them (unless you already have a cover-story made up, like they are cat scratches).

16. Confused_Tomboy

Not all my scars are from cutting...only a small amount to be precise...all the other ones r from scratching, eraser burns, salt and ice (which is one of my favorites), and engraving m skin with a pencil (which is also my favorite)...so my scares vary...and I am being open and honest right now...for once....i did on my other posts and threads as well....and i still dnt think im in reality...that's one of my other threads...

17. xXWhateverItTakesXx

xXWhateverItTakesXx Forum Buddy

My statement was not contradicting. I just meant, if you really can't stop yourself then at least use clean equipment and dress it ect.. Just because a person does self harm doesn't mean the person is suicidal.

And you are not fucked up..You are tired. If anyone stayed awake that long I expect we would be seeing similar things. You just need to give yourself some relax time, do something you enjoy to keep your mind off of the bad stuff.

Honestly you are only human, not fucked up at all :hug: xx

18. Confused_Tomboy

thanks..but i also made this thread b4 the 28 hour thing...sooo....

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.