Am I in shock? Please read.

Discussion in 'Self Harm & Substance Abuse' started by resistance, Sep 16, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. resistance

resistance Staff Alumni

Okay late last night I cut myself pretty badly. This morning I woke up and for the last few hours I've been feeling really dodgy. [FONT=Verdana, Geneva, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif] I feel sick, have a headache, i'm as white as a sheet, can feel my heart beating fasti n my chest, breathing is weird, I feel dizzy, shaking, I feel incredably sick and I honestly feel like I'm going to pass out at any minute. Is this a delayed shock or something? Or am I feeling this way for another reason? If it's shock what can i do to make me feel better. I can't recaall ever feeling this bad.
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 16, 2006
  2. bunny

bunny Staff Alumni

it sounds like it could be a forum of shock, ill have to ask a few questions tho, dont have to answer how bad is the cut? did you lose a lot of blood? if you did you could be in hypovolemic shock, this is very serious and needs emediate medical attention if you have any of the following symptoms please GO TO THE HOSPITAL:

* Rapid pulse
    * Pulse may be weak (thready)
    * Rapid breathing
    * Anxiety or agitation
    * Cool, clammy skin
    * Weakness
    * Pale skin color (pallor)
    * Sweating, moist skin
    * Decreased or no urine output
    * Low blood pressure
    * Confusion
    * Unconsciousness

please call an ambulance if you think you have any of those, inthe mean time you can try to stay comfortable and warm, try to stay still with the wound rasied above your heart

i know im not a medical professional but if you think you could have this, which it sounds you might, please, please seek help

3. Tak

Tak Active Member

Sounds like you are in shock, but it is a bit delayed. Are you still bleeding? Is there anyone with you today just in case you do turn worse or pass out.
  4. Dragon

Dragon Staff Alumni

Damn, bunny got there before me.

Yeah, what she said. -nods-

Take care, hun
  5. wienerman

wienerman Guest

hun please get medical help, i care about you so much and want you to be ok. whatever you do dont leave it until it gets really bad. i agree with what the others say, i just want you be safe and well.

6. resistance

resistance Staff Alumni

I'm sorry but I can't go to the hospital. I'm hoping it's just a passig bug or it will go in a few hours.. I really don't want to go to hospital :( My dad would find out, and that will do more harm than good. and i'm too scared to go to the hospital i haven't been in this situation before. The cuts were pretty nasty, but I cleaned them and they look okay meaning they ain't all yucky. My dad is here, and he knows I'm not well but he doesn't think it's anything serious, well, he wouldn't would he. I thought it's delayed too which is whyt I was thinking it wasn't, but I can relate to quite a few of the symptoms bunny posted.
  7. wienerman

wienerman Guest

hun please take care of yourself, i love you so much, you are an amazing friend and i hope you are going to be ok.

8. Porcelain

Porcelain Well-Known Member

Can you feel a radial pulse? (A pulse in your wrist)

Have you got pins and needles in your limbs/fingers/toes?

Do you feel light headed?
  9. wienerman

wienerman Guest

hi everyone, i thought i would give you all an update on resistance (i dont know if she will be angry or not with me, she didnt say anything about posting for her, mainly because i didnt ask)

she has been in bed all day and been vomiting too. now she told me that she thinks its a bug. to be honest i wouldnt be surprised because she has to my knowledge been sleeping badly and been very stressed, so no doubt her immune system is a bit weak.

anyway i hope you get better soon hun, i will try to contact you in the morning to check again that you are ok, or at least havent got worse. i am sorry if you didnt want me saying these things but you are a wonderful girl and i thought the people you care about on the forum should know whats going on with you.

billions of hugs :hug:
  10. resistance

resistance Staff Alumni

I'm not angry hun, far from it. :hug: Thank you for your wishes. As Alex said I've been in bed since I signed off yesterday and I was feeling so ill I couldn't even gather the strength to go online from my laptop. Last night I really was in two minds to contact an ambulance and my dad was going to call out the emergency doctor because I wasn't well at all but I decided not to. Today I'm still not too good, woke up and was feeling sluggish a lot like yesterday but as times gone on today I'm feeling just a slightly bit better so thought I'd take time to updaet this thread.

I don'tt hink it's shock, as Alex said I haven't been sleeping a lot recently so maybe my immnue system has taken a bashing but it was strange that this happened the morning after I went on a cutting marathon. I think it's a bug, if it was shock I'd have thought I'd feel much worse today, or would have actually woken up in hospital but my boyfriend said shock can go in 24 hours so I don't know. I think it's a bug, hopefully it'll go soon. Hugs to all who were there for me yesterday and for Alex to take the time to contact me. :hug:
  11. wienerman

wienerman Guest

it could be that you have both, or at least one caused the other if you know what i mean, the cutting could have allowed the germs in, with the shock lowering your immune system defences, the bug was allowed to take over. anyway we can debate the reasons for it occuring all fay and night. however the only thing that matters is your health, so i wish you to get better as soon as possible, and to call the doctor if you start to feel worse.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.