Am I in the right place?

Discussion in 'Welcome' started by LetItBe, Jan 9, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. LetItBe

LetItBe New Member

I've poked around a bit, but don't have the energy to read much. The forum seems pretty broad and my goal is more specific, I think.

My son committed suicide the end of December. He was not a chronically depressed person, no suicidal gestures, threats, or any other indication. He left no note...had been in a good mood up until a few hours before his death. It seems it was an impulse of anger or despair. He was 45 and at the pinnacle of his personal and professional life.

I'm still in shock and disbelief, but want to connect with others in some way. It's too big to comprehend all at once. As it sinks in, it would be nice to have somewhere to go to express extreme emotions without upsetting others who don't understand.

Anyway, here I am for now. Thanks...:unsure:
  2. Izziebabystar

Izziebabystar Well-Known Member

Haye hun,

im so sorry to hear of your lose

your totaly welcome here

im izzie
    if you need anything feel free to ask,
    im usualy on at some point everyday
    im sure youll find everyone else fromt he site just as welcoming
    stay sfe
  3. snowraven

snowraven Well-Known Member

Welcome to the forum Let It Be. Sorry to hear about your son. I can imagine how difficult this must be for you. Hopefully the site can be of some help and support to you. Best wishes.
  4. helena

helena Staff Alumni

Hi LetItBe,
    Welcome to the forum, and I am sorry for your loss.
    It must be aweful to loose a child, the thought only gives me as mother the
    shivers, and I hope you find a way to cope,for example through here.
    You can allways put a warning on the title of posts if you think the subject
    is not suitable to everyone.
    We have also the section antiquities, where people over the thirties can post,
    and can expect reactions from the less young ones, like me, amoung us.
    I hope you feel free to post anytime you need and that it helps you deal with your pain.
    Take care
  5. LetItBe

LetItBe New Member

Thanks for the kind words. I think this is not what I am looking for, though. I'd like something more focused and think I have found it somewhere else. I'm impressed with the work you are doing, though...keep it up!

Best wishes to all, and thank you.
  6. alle_vite

alle_vite Well-Known Member

Hi LetItBe,
    So sorry to hear of your loss, a very warm welcome to the forum. I lost my daughter just over 2 years ago and i know the pain that your going through, if you ever need a chat pm me, i am around most of the time. There is loads of amazing people on this forum and i know we will all help you as much as we can.

Stay Safe
    Last edited by a moderator: Jan 9, 2009
  7. wheresmysheep

wheresmysheep Staff Alumni

letitbe, what exactly are you looking for? this site is open to people that has lost people through suicide, and for people that are currently suicidal. though the later takes a main stage.

i can understand that it may have seemed out of the blue for a loved one to kill themselves, but it is my experience that most suicidial people are normally the ones you least expect of it.

i am sorry for your loss and i hope you can find what your looking for :hug:
  8. shazzer

shazzer Well-Known Member

Hi letitbe and welcome to the forum I am so sorry to hear of the loss of your son :hug:
  9. Petal

Petal SF dreamer Staff Alumni SF Supporter

I'm sorry for your loss.

Welcome to sf :hug:
  10. d-pressed

d-pressed Well-Known Member

Hello and welcome to the forum.

I am sincerely sorry for your loss. I hope you are seeking help to come to terms with what has happened.

I can somewhat relate - although not a relative, a friend committed suicide a few months ago. She was happy and bubbly right up until a few hours before, and her friends and close family had no idea what provoked it. It was concluded to be an accident - and although I am not saying that this was the case with your son, it may be of some comfort in the future to think less about what the reasons were behind his death or what you could have done to prevent it, and consider whether it was perhaps a spur of the moment decision that resulted in this tragedy. It seems to me that most attempts by people who are in a depressed state and idealising suicide are unsuccessful, because they may have more time to think of the consequences and so forth.

Loss is a process that ultimately results in acceptance. Time plays a considerable part in this - you may know the saying 'time is a great healer' and it is true though perhaps you will not understand this until you experience it yourself. You must mourn properly in order for acceptance to happen and so seeking the help of a therapist will be beneficial in the long run.

All the best.
  11. gentlelady

gentlelady Staff Alumni

I am sorry to hear about the loss of your son. I hope that no matter where you look to find your answers and sense of peace, you do find that support. We are here for you if you wish to draw on us. i wish you well. :hug:
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.