Am I invisible?

Discussion in 'Rants, Musings and Ideas' started by Hanging_Hope, Aug 11, 2009.

1. Hanging_Hope

Hanging_Hope Active Member

I must be. I can't seem to be heard or seen. I thought that maybe my voice wasn't loud enough to be heard, so I tried to make it louder, but no. All the other voices kept talking over my words as if they were of no importance at all. Maybe my voice just can't reach anyone. Maybe what I say really is of no importance. Maybe it's all so boring and useless they don't bother to hear it. Maybe they just don't want to waste their time with it.

They don't see me, that's for sure. Unless they really try to. Everytime I try to make a gesture and make someone that's -slightly closer to me than all the human beings that ignore me- realize that I'm not okay, they can't see me trying. ''Oh, you're overreacting'', ''Oh, please, nonsense'', is all they say when they do try to see me, but don't really get to see what I'm trying to tell them. Maybe I'm indeed so boring it's impossible for them to see me and notice me the way I want them to. Maybe I should find my old imagineable friends, they're the only ones who ever listen.

I was trying to open up to my only ''friend'' at the moment. I was crying, I was shaking, I was on the edge of breaking down completely. I asked her if she would feel bad if I died. Her response? ''Go to sleep, you're not going to die.'' She fell asleep a few moments afterwards.

Yes, I am invisible. I know now...
  2. necrodude

necrodude Well-Known Member

trust me your not invisible. :) not here anyway. theres always someone here when you need them.
  3. Petal

Petal SF dreamer Staff Alumni SF Supporter

You're not invisible :hug:

I hope venting helped, keep talking if it helps x
  4. __Rawr.Tigga

__Rawr.Tigga Well-Known Member

You're not invisible, and you're words are of importance. There will always be someone here to see, listen, hear you.

I hope getting it out helped, and remember that we're here for you ok? :hug:

Take care hun xxx
  5. croatoan

croatoan Member

You are not invisible. We see you. You are not mute, We hear you. And we are here for you. Sometimes, it just takes another human who has "walked the walk & talked the talk" to understand. Please keep posting. I find that sharing helps a great deal, and maybe it will help alleviate some of the sadness in your heart.

6. elvinchild

elvinchild Well-Known Member

I feel so similarly. I've managed to reach a couple people throughout my life, but it took a lot of persistence. And a lot of people just don't understand because they haven't been through the same kind of suffering. Its frustrating I feel very invisible too.