Am I just prolonging the pain ?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ady2011

Hello

I am very desperate. I have a number of neighbours around me that keep trying to find ways to torment me and hurt me and my family. The problems started with dogs barking and barking and have escilated from there. They now that I am on the edge and and very hypersensitive to noise and set their dogs off barking on purpose to try and push me over the edge. They are also finding what ever way they can to get to me, such as turning their car radios up outside my house, standing stairing in my house, threatening my family, setting alarms off and leaving them running for hours and slamming car doors. I have been under the crisis team twice, once in november and once a couple of weeks ago. I have also tried to comit suicide by sufocating myself about 4 times in the last few months.

This has all left me an absolute wreak and I am just in no fit state for anything anymore. I have got part of my brain telling me that I will eventually sell the house (which has been on the market for 18 months already) and all will be better. I have got another part of my brain saying even if I do sell the house, I have been through so much that I will never be the same again and am likely to have problems elsewhere.

Am I just prolonging the pain. Should I have just got on with it and xxxxx. What am I doing, waiting ? I should me lying in a morgue by now. I hate the people around here, they are so evil.

Can anyone offer any thoughts.

Last edited by a moderator:

Sadeyes

Staff Alumni
Sell the house and leave this in the past...they are not worth your health and since you do have a way out, use it and move on...I know bad neighbors can be very upsetting, but do not take this with you...J

peacelovingguy

I've had bad neighbours but they got rounded up on by good neighbours. This cannot always happen but I've been lucky that none have been the kind who'd sooner fight than apologise for noise.

Thankfully you own the house so selling, though it may take time, will give you the option of moving elsewhere. For the time being, hard though it is, try to ignore the idiots but do report ANY nasty incidents.

You can maybe sleep in the back if its noisy at the front.

When you do sell, make sure you scout out any potential homes. Try visiting the area in the evening to see how it looks and sounds.

As you are selling its not worth suggesting any long term plans. Some areas have tenants groups which can be good. Mostly its the design of a home that dictates noise levels.

Bad neighbours ought to be housed on ships a mile offshore until they learn how to be civil.

Good luck and buy some ear plugs for the time being.

Dave_N

Banned Member
They are also finding what ever way they can to get to me, such as turning their car radios up outside my house, standing stairing in my house, threatening my family, setting alarms off and leaving them running for hours and slamming car doors.
Wow, your neighbors truly sound like a bunch of assholes. But seriously, if I had neighbors like that, that we're actually threatening my family, I would do house patrols armed with my 12-guage shotgun. I'm sure they would think twice if they knew they were messing with an armed individual. Don't let them drive you to suicide. If you kill yourself, then those fuckers win. Take a stand against them.

Ady2011

Believe me, I have thought about all sorts of things. When those guys went on a shooting spree in the UK recently, I understood exactly how they felt. I keep thinking that I need to start working over at my parents as much as I can as it is the only way I am going try and find any kind of normality again. I just hope that fate brings justice to these people.

Like a few people have said, sell the house although it will take time. Although things are bad at the moment things are also able to get better for you, just keep tight, wait and hold on.

Stranger1

Forum Buddy & Antiquities Friend
Do any repairs to the house that need doing, clean up any clutter, And paint the rooms in a nuetral tone.. This should help you sell the house sooner..Don't go arming yourself.. All that will do is get you introuble with the law..Do you have a real estate agent?? They should be able to tell you what you need to change to make your house look better to any prospective buyers..

Ady2011

Thanks

The house has been on the market for 18 months now and it is now really cheap compared to simular houses. I know deep down that I need to try and spend more time away from here to try and regain my sanity. I guess it is just a matter of waiting until I sell but it is so hard when it has been on the market for so long and the problems are in my face every single day. It feels like it never going to end and this is what life is going to be like from now on.

I went through all o last summer with my house windows kept firmly shut everyday to keep the noise out and hardly set foot out into my garden. This is no life, not even for a animal. Will there ever be any justice in the world.

Thanks

IV2010

hey ady..I understand what you're going through...it's hell isn't it!..I really feel for you..
it's a form of torture..
I have neighbours from hell too...for 3 and 1/2 years their dogs barked non-stop until I had a breakdown (due to other things as well) and I couldn't take the noise anymore..so I complained to the council...

things got worse, they got vindictive , the noise increased, I was abused and called all sorts of names but Ive kept on complaining...I have now threatened that i will involve the police..things are a bit quieter..not much though.
this has gone on since July and because I rent I can't afford to move..
people like that just make my blood boil...

sorry to ramble on about myself but want you to know I understand how you must be feeling...
I hope your house sells soon and you can get away from it all..

they aren't worth you hurting yourself over ...try to stay strong and show them they won't beat you..
take care

Ady2011

I have been wearing ear plugs non stop for the last 5 days and the first night I try and sleep without them I am woken up with the dog barking. All the good work done over the last few days with the ear plugs in bringing my mood back up has suddenly been undone in a split second.

I have got to get my head in a bag and keep it there until this is all over. There is no other way.

Why are these people so nasty!

Why is there no justice in this world!

Where is god when I need him the most! It seems as though god is only to happy for me to get on with it.

I think that today is maybee the day. I need to make my mind up and see it through.

IV2010

No,no,no don't hurt yourself over those selfish, hateful morons ...
are you able to complain to the council or the police? it's against the law to make that much noise...
keep a record of everything they do ..times, dates, etc..
don't let them get away with it and don't take your anger out on yourself please...
They deserve to be put in their place and you can't do that if you're gone...

WishICould

Sounds to me like you could really use a holiday!

Even if it's just a week or two at a friends or family members, is there anyone who would put you up for a few nights whilst you regain some strength and get some good nights sleep?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Please Donate to Help Keep SF Running

Total amount
$145.00
Goal
$255.00