Am I just unlucky in life

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm sorry if I am posting too much. I think of everything I've been through and I just feel anything good for me is just over. I feel if I give up now nothing will ever get worse....O just feel fed p with everything and all that I've been through these days. I even failed at therapy today

Petal

~*Mod Extraordinaire*~
Staff Alumni
SF Supporter
I even failed at therapy today
First of all there is no such thing as posting too much, secondly there's no such thing as failing at therapy, every single person is unique so everyone will respond differently. What do YOU feel would help you and what changes can you make to let that happen? *hug

Petal

~*Mod Extraordinaire*~
Staff Alumni
SF Supporter
I was afraid she'd send me to a psych ward
A lot of people are scared of being put into psych wards, they are not that bad and you can even make friends there, it sounds scary but i've been in psych wards, its boring, not scary, different groups during the day such as group meditation, games, gym. good food actually. If a few weeks in a psych ward will save your life, it is worth it.

A lot of people are scared of being put into psych wards, they are not that bad and you can even make friends there, it sounds scary but i've been in psych wards, its boring, not scary, different groups during the day such as group meditation, games, gym. good food actually. If a few weeks in a psych ward will save your life, it is worth it.
I went to one when I was 18....there were a lot of creeps. One guy kept trying to solicit me and other girls for sex...

Petal

~*Mod Extraordinaire*~
Staff Alumni
SF Supporter
I went to one when I was 18....there were a lot of creeps. One guy kept trying to solicit me and other girls for sex...
That is shocking. Are the psych ward bedrooms mixed?? *sfdunno Ours are separate for males and females, all we do is have meals together.

I know a lot of stuff can happen there but there should be enough staffing to ensure its a safe place to get better, i'm sorry to hear you had a negative experience in the past.

Yeah, the guy demanded I give him my email and stuff, talking about once he get out he can take pictures of me. Then another guy was known for having outburst and he yelled at me and tried to hit on me the next time. And then, just other weird stuff that made me feel out of place

I dont know if I want to take anymore chances, and then if I dont I am only going down one path...

Petal

~*Mod Extraordinaire*~
Staff Alumni
SF Supporter
Yeah, the guy demanded I give him my email and stuff, talking about once he get out he can take pictures of me. Then another guy was known for having outburst and he yelled at me and tried to hit on me the next time. And then, just other weird stuff that made me feel out of place

I dont know if I want to take anymore chances, and then if I dont I am only going down one path...
Oh wow damn, geeeez that is creepy as hell, now I understand better why you don't want to revisit, i'm sorry that happened but do NOT let it define the whole mental health services. Ask your therapist what she thinks you should do? What about those half way houses? (or ? i'm not sure what they are called) where you have a place to stay, women with women, men with men, so there would be no intimidation of guys hitting on you or being creepy, those houses are govt run and have nurses in there for a few hours a day. Have you heard of that before?

Petal

~*Mod Extraordinaire*~
Staff Alumni
SF Supporter
You're not. just...it depends...I dont know what im doing with my life tbh
A lot of 21 year olds don't know what they want to do with their lives yet. I know of a doctor that became a doctor in his late 40's.
Trust me when I say time is on your side. Explore these thoughts with the therapist and see what ye can come up with together. she will have a better insight. :) But do you have any idea what you want to do? If not let time run its course and eventually you will come up with a solution and plan :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Please Donate to Help Keep SF Running

Total amount
$70.00
Goal
$255.00