Am I losing my mind?

Status
Not open for further replies.

FireBird

The thought insertion is getting worse by the day. I have to cut out the bomb to save the world from destruction. Then there are the nanobots that I feel that will either kill me or change me into a robot from the future. Also, when I went grocery shopping and my mom forgot something in the car and I had to go get it, the gov said the satellite will fire and lock on to me and kill me- they have several methods of killing me and mess with my mind, so I had to run as fast as possible so they wouldn't get a lock on when I was outside. Then inside the stores, the thought broadcasting is severe. People stare at me and talk about me because of my "weird" thoughts. The thought insertion tells me, "everyone knows your secret of destroying the economy, they know all about you and your thoughts." And to make things even worse, I am occasionally hearing voices and sounds. Also seeing things and feeling things. Aliens are out to get me, too and I am special for them. I am not suicidal by any means, but I am seriously thinking of cutting the bomb out of my neck and the nanobots which are all over my body. I am starting to become a success in life. My art is taking off and today I just found out that this pretty big pet store that has 14 stores is going to order my stuff in February and I don't want to die before then or at all, that's why I need to get it out because if I don't, (they haven't told me how powerful the bomb is) but I am thinking at least an entire state or the country will be blown up. The government is reading what I just wrote here on the boards. I didn't mean to crash the economy, I just wrote down predictions that came true. So, am I going nuts and losing my mind by going psychotic? What should I do?

Mightbehere

One time I was walking down a dark alley and then like five ninjas came out of no where and tried to kill me, I dodged their blows and was saved by three men in karate suits coming to my rescue. They said I was the chosen one and have been target for termination by a death cult of evil ninjas they took me to their stronghold where we trained to beat these evil ninjas and bring thus saving my life and bringing about an era of peace through out the world. We didn't need to do any physical fighting because I was able to read ancient manuals on physocnic and special powers and I acquired plenty. I stopped the evil cult and contacted the gods they granted me semi-demi god status for my achievements and from now on I will take orders from the gods and do missions for them eventually I will get more powers and gain the status of demi-god.

fromthatshow

Staff Alumni
SF Supporter
Firebird I'm assuming is telling the truth, I'm not so sure about the response.
Anyway, I've read a lot about this kind of stuff happening. I'm not going to discount what you're saying, but either way, it sounds like paranoia is causing you a great deal of distress. Do you have a psychiatrist or therapist that you can talk to about this? I think it might be helpful to see someone to help you deal with this and help you to decide what's real and what isn't.
I hope you are ok :hug:

D

Dave_N

Hi Firebird. Just one question. What were you smoking before you wrote that message and how can I get some? If you were seriously telling the truth then I think you should be sectioned in a mental hospital for your own safety. :unsure:

You need to make sure you let someone know what your mind is telling you Firebird. Psychotic episodes can cause problems for you eventually. Get treatment so they don't take over your life.

Petal

~*Mod Extraordinaire*~
Staff Alumni
SF Supporter
Mightbehere~That wasn't a very supportive response, some people do suffer from psychotic illnesses.

To the op, when I had my first psychiatric assessment the psychiatrist asked me questions such as do I think I have special powers etc.. Something along the lines of what you have mentioned here. Please book yourself an appointment soon, if you feel you are in immediate danger go to the hospital.We are all here for you,you will get through this :hug:

FireBird

First of all, yes, I am telling the truth. This is exactly what the thought insertion tells me otherwise I wouldn't believe this stuff in the first place. I already have meds, they just stop working after awhile. I also see a pdoc, therapist, and a case worker. I was supposed to go to the case worker yesterday but she got sick and had to cancel. How great is that? I shouldn't be locked away in a mental institution, Dave_N. I don't hear voices all day, just a few times a week but the other hallucinations (that's what I hope they are) are much more often. I don't take illegal drugs, smoke, or drink alcohol (I only drink on New Years).

music_junkie

First of all, yes, I am telling the truth. This is exactly what the thought insertion tells me otherwise I wouldn't believe this stuff in the first place. I already have meds, they just stop working after awhile. I also see a pdoc, therapist, and a case worker. I was supposed to go to the case worker yesterday but she got sick and had to cancel. How great is that? I shouldn't be locked away in a mental institution, Dave_N. I don't hear voices all day, just a few times a week but the other hallucinations (that's what I hope they are) are much more often. I don't take illegal drugs, smoke, or drink alcohol (I only drink on New Years).
Hi Firebird. Psychosis is a strange, subtle experience. If the meds aren't working (which clearly they aren't, at least not fully) then you need to inform your pdoc and your case worker. Even if they miss a mtg - call, and MAKE them listen. This has the POTENTIAL to be an acute emergency for you and those around you.

With that being said - it sounds like you are on the brink of a psychotic break but not fully there yet. (People who are fully psychotic lose full touch with reality - it sounds like you are able to differentiate between the delusions and reality, at least on some level.)

YOU are worth getting this help - grab control while you still can, and get some help for yourself. Even if you admit yourself into the hospital until the meds begin to work a bit better... It won't be long, and they can really help in these types of situations.

Mightbehere

My point in posting that was to see how it looks from someone else and that he might realise that what he is thinking sound equally imaginary...help dosn't always have to be words of oh that's bad hang in there....

Stranger1

Forum Buddy & Antiquities Friend
Hey Firebird,
It sounds to me like you have a form of skyzophrenia(I know I spelled it wrong). You really need to be in the hospital so they can find the right formulary of drugs to help you. My shrink thinks I am skyzzo because I see things. He keeps asking me if I hear voices and I keep telling him no. The only voice I hear is my self consious telling me to end it. But I fight that demon on a dailey basis.
I'm not talking about a mental institution I am talking about the phsyc ward at your local hospital. Please seek the help before things get worst.~Joseph~

Status
Not open for further replies.

Please Donate to Help Keep SF Running

Total amount
$50.00
Goal
$255.00