Am I mentaly ill?

Discussion in 'I Have a Question...' started by claudiuuuu, Sep 24, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. claudiuuuu

claudiuuuu Member

I took a couple of tests,and in some it rezulted that im Schizotypal,Borderline,Avoidant,Dependent... Here are a couple of simptoms that realy describe me...
    -Self-injury or attempted suicide
    -Strong feelings of anger, anxiety, or depression that last for several hours
    -Alcohol abuse

-Feelings of low self-worth
    -Odd or eccentric mannerisms or appearance
    -Difficult to follow speech patterns
    -Feelings of anxiety in social situations
    -Appears shy, aloof, or withdrawn to others
    -Social inhibition; retreating from others in anticipation of rejection
    -Desire for improved social relation
    -Creation of elaborate fantasy lives
    -Poor self-image; feelings of social ineptitude

-Preoccupation with being rejected or criticized in social situations
    -Feelings of helplessness when alone
    -Suicidal thoughts upon rejection

And Im only 16... Im just wondering how would I be at 20 years.. or will I ever change? How could I change myself... I realy tryd several times to change and make friends and not be so much like "me"...
  2. shefallsasleep

shefallsasleep Well-Known Member

I had depression/suicide attempt when I was 17, it lasted for about a year and then I was fine for over 2 years, although the previous experience did effect myfe life a lot I was happy, I actually had the best year of my life, and now I am depressed again, I know a lot of people have very long periods of depression but it's not always like that, hopefully in a few months time you will find some happiness!
  3. claudiuuuu

claudiuuuu Member

I only was happy ultil I was 14... Its like 3 years since Im like this... Im happy like once a month... Not finding any reasons to be...
  4. 12years

12years Well-Known Member

Anyone who's on a suicide forum probably is mentally ill.
  5. total eclipse

total eclipse SF Friend Staff Alumni

I think if you do not feel well mentally the safest thing to do is get diagnosed by a doctor even your own doctor can do that. Go in and have some testing done so you can be sure. If you are chemically depressed then medication will keep you stable and help you and also having a therapist to talk to helps as well. NoONe should be diagnosing themselves as there is too many perimeters to look at leave that to the professionals who have the knowlege and insight
    talk to your doctor okay and get tested.
  6. Tam

Tam Well-Known Member

Violet is right. Trying to self-diagnose is a real nightmare and usually you end up believing there's so much wrong with you that end up making yourself really ill.

If you think you might be heading that way, do go see a doctor - they can help you get that side of things into perspective.
  7. papertiger

papertiger Member

Like everyone else said, we aren't trained or equipped to diagnose ourselves. Talk to an adult you trust, or talk to your school counselor.
    While it may feel like there's no way out, you'll change on your own without realizing it but you have to allow yourself time to grow. I promise you won't be the same in 20 years as you are now. Even a year can make a big difference.
  8. Rose24

Rose24 Chat & Forum Buddy

claudiuuuu - It is important that to note that even “healthy” people have personality traits associated with personality disorders. Though, the fact that you are here and even taking a self diagnosis test suggests that you do not feel mentally/emotionally stable. A personality disorder or not, you should get professional help to deal with the issues you have, do not rush into trying to label yourself-it often does more harm than good!
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.