Am I messed up?

Discussion in 'Mental Health Disorders' started by SaraRose, Oct 10, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. SaraRose

SaraRose Well-Known Member

When deaths happen around me I seem to not react the way people expect me to. I mean I don't cry or anything like that. Am I just totally f*cked up enough that it doesn't affect me or what?!

My aunt died today, I love her. But...I feel nothing. I know shock and yada yada but it's always like this when a death happens. I just don't feel sad at all. I mean I'm sad they're gone but....that's all I feel.
  2. windlepoons

windlepoons Well-Known Member

I think this is a depression./anxiety thing. Deadened emotions. Sorry to hear about your aunt.
  3. TWF

TWF Well-Known Member

Maybe you don't look at death in quite the same way so it just doesn't affect you as much.... I know I haven't, ever since I entered this depressive, **** life mindset.
  4. In Limbo

In Limbo Forum Buddy

I think depression can in some ways make it really difficult to openly express emotions - I have found it difficult to cry too - especially when coupled with medication.
  5. crist

crist Member

It happens.
    I'm pretty much numb all the time. Or emotionless, perhaps.
    I don't really care about the world or ''greatest, boom!!! events''
    I don't care, and it worries me sometimes.
  6. Aimee_in_Wonderland

Aimee_in_Wonderland Well-Known Member

people react to death and emotion very differently it doesnt mean your fucked up or anything like that, your coping ways my vary to others some people cry scream or completely collaspe and some people are able to remain level headed about it..
    although it might not feel like right now you feel anything but im sure deep down you do,

sorry to hear about your auntie x
  7. Sadeyes

Sadeyes Staff Alumni

I agree with Aimee re differing reactions...I used to laugh at funerals...I was so anxious, that it came out as laughing...I did not win any popularity contests with that reaction
  8. SaraRose

SaraRose Well-Known Member

Thank you everyone. It makes me feel better knowing I'm not totally weird or insane. It helps a lot.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.