Am I not enough?

Discussion in 'Rants, Musings and Ideas' started by sucidalgirl99, Dec 10, 2009.

1. sucidalgirl99

sucidalgirl99 Well-Known Member

In fourth period, some of my classmates were talking and planned to go to New York etc. next year or so, but they didn't bother to invite me. I sit near them, so I heard everything they said.
    Last year, My friend made plans to Orlando with some buddies and didn't bother to invite me firsthand, but she told me to PAY for my own ticket if I wanted to go. I've been in situation like this with her before anyhow.
    I'm not worth anything nor am I enough, why does it to be this way?
    I'm so nice and kind to everybody.
    I don't have much strength to go on, but I'm trying every day.

2. warwithlife16

warwithlife16 Active Member

Don't feel left out I know how you feel. I've felt like this before too. But you know what ? Sometimes people do that because since they see that you are pretty shy they dont bother asking, Im not sure if your shy or not but it seems like you are. Maybe if you were to talk to them more often or hang out with them more they would have definitely invited you. If you ever feel bad or anything feel free to message me im ALWAYS on the internet and im not too far from your age im 19 and im also going through TOUGH TOUGH times right now iin my life. Ive learned that helping others makes me feel a lil better =). take care !!!!!!!!!

3. Stormhand

Stormhand Well-Known Member

Still even they truly are your friends, they should at least have some consideration.
    In my book ppl like that are not friends, just fake friends.
    You should try something, maybe plan out something for a weekend or something, say eating out, tell them how you over heard everythign, and ask them if you can go, can't hurt.
    If they say no you got your answer on them.

4. HiddenTears

HiddenTears Well-Known Member

I know that feeling. It's so hurtful when people who you thought were your friends don't bother to even consider you in their activities. Maybe you can find some other people and go with them somewhere. Maybe plan a trip and build it up like it's going to be the best time.

5. Avarice

Avarice Well-Known Member

This has happened to me a few times too. I'd suggest finding new friends, really. They're obviously not kind enough to consider you in their plans or care enough about your feelings to not talk about it openly in front of you. It could be they were trying to make you feel jealous, or just possibly don't know how to approach you?

I'd suggest talking to one (or all) of them about the trip. Just casually say something like, "So hey, when are you off to New York?" and see how that goes. They might have just forgotten about you or thought that you wouldn't be interested in going or have the money to go. If they're just basically leaving you out on purpose, then it's their loss, not yours!

6. sucidalgirl99

I'm shy and would like to ask, but I don't want it to feel like I'm inviting myself.

7. sucidalgirl99

I'll try to go out, thanks.

8. sucidalgirl99

I know I should.

9. sucidalgirl99

I'm trying to interact with other people, and those plans were for graduation and/or next year.

10. Avarice

Avarice Well-Known Member

That's great, keep trying to interact with others and maybe you'll suprise yourself and find some new friends. I know you know when they're going, but they don't know that. Just ask them an innocent question like that, and see how they react to you knowing about their plans. See if they make any moves to invite you or if they seem to feel bad for leaving you out. Just put them on the spot a bit.

11. Stormhand

Stormhand Well-Known Member

Hey SG99, keep hanging in there, keep trying to talk to them.
    I hope it turns out well for you.

I know what its like begin shy, I actually had to force myself to speak up more.

I have a small phobia of making myself look like an idiot, but even when I do, I try to laugh with the rest of them.

12. sucidalgirl99

Ok, I'll try.

13. sucidalgirl99

Thanks for the advice. I'm the same way.