Am I quitting?

Discussion in 'I Have a Question...' started by pancake111, Apr 6, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. pancake111

pancake111 Well-Known Member

So I've been bowling for a very long time. And every April and November, there is a tournament, and I would always look forward to them. But recently, I've been dreading bowling. I don't want to be in the league anymore, and I don't want to bowl in the tournaments. It just hasn't been fun anymore. I don't have any desire to bowl at all. During every single tournament, I never bowl as well as I want to, and as well as I know I can. I end up getting extremely frusterated and angry every time.

I've been on an anitdepressant for a year now, and I am feeling better, but I just don't have any desire to bowl anymore. My therapist says that I'm quitting, but I don't feel like I am. Yes, I don't want to bowl anymore, but It's because I just don't want to do it anymore. I feel like it has run its course, and it's time for me to do something new.

2. total eclipse

total eclipse SF Friend Staff Alumni

I think you have grown bored with it hun Is there another sport or activity you would like to do instead i know i use to bowl now i have no interest in it at all When a sport is not fun why do it I think if your team is depending on you though you should be there for them right. If your meds are not at their peak perhaps talking to your doc to increase a bit might help Hugs to you

3. justMe7

justMe7 Well-Known Member

why not next weekend or the next time you're free, go down and bowl. Not for any reason but to have fun. Stop trying to hit your targets and just bowl the ball and have fun with it. Try and do daft things and just enjoy yourself. That's what I'd suggest, re-find the fun part of it.
    Unless you truly do feel you'd like to move onto something new. That makes perfect sense. But there's a fine line between quitting and moving onto something else.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.