Am I really bisexual?

Discussion in 'Family, Friends and Relationships' started by Ratza, Apr 16, 2011.

1. Ratza

Ratza Member

So, here's the deal:
    I'm a 17 year old girl, and I've know I'm bisexual since I was 15.
    But the thing is, I know I'm interested and attracted to girls, but I've never really been in a relationship with one.
    I had a little crush on a friend of mine, but never really told her cause I was afraid that she would freak out or something. She knew I was bisexual cause it's not something I try to hide, but it could ruin our friendship just the same.
    So, can I really say that I'm bisexual if I've never had a relationship with a girl or even kissed one? Is that weird?

2. aoeu

aoeu Well-Known Member

By 17 many people have not been in ANY relationship. But you can still be pretty sure of your orientation. I consider myself bisexual but don't expect to ever so much as kiss a guy, but it could happen if I were to meet the right one...

3. oval

oval Well-Known Member

well its just like heterosexuals. they can be heterosexual and be attracted to the opposite sex only without ever having been in a relationship or kissed anyone.
    its just what you feel attracted to

4. Ratza

Ratza Member

Thank you to both of you :)
    It helped a lot ^^

5. Forgotten_Man

Forgotten_Man Well-Known Member

:tongue: Of course you can be. Your sexuality is determined by what you are attracted too. Not by the relationships you had.