Am I really not alone?

Discussion in 'Welcome' started by BrokenIcarus, May 8, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. BrokenIcarus

BrokenIcarus Member

I thought I was crazy!!! I feel so stupid for feeling relief in finding this place...

I just want to not be alone anymore...

I have fought so hard...for so long...I have been through every form of abuse and domestic violence there is...since I was 4...I am now 33...

I finally got away from my X, who almost killed me...yet still harasses me...and my "family" still exists, but...

I've fought so hard to figure out who I am and what I want...but I always seem to wind up back in this dark place...

I thought I was crazy. I wanted so much to talk about it, but there was no one...the fear of that look when the subject was approached...even with counselors...the questions...

In the last year, I have lost everyone who I could ever go to safely, for a hug, or just to talk...I want a hug so badly, but it's been almost a year since I had someone to give me one...

I haven't felt this alone for a long time, if ever...I didn't think it was possible to hurt this much so silently...

But now...I found this place...is it true there are others out there? Could I really...maybe...just a little bit...belong somewhere?

Last edited by a moderator: May 8, 2007
  2. Dr Death

Dr Death New Member

Yes... there are others out here... that's the beauty of the darkness... we can always see just enough to know that we are not alone... and hear just enough to know that the silence is not always so quiet...

The question that begs to be answered is... is that enough? Is it enough to know there are others... some worse... some not as bad... everyone struggling with their own pain... who's to say how bad your pain is to you? Certainly not I...

Almost a year since someone gave you a hug... I can't imagine that...

For me it's been over 10...

[​IMG]

3. welcome to the forum :hug: i hope you find everything you need here, the people are absolutely amazing, you are not alone x

4. gentlelady

gentlelady Staff Alumni

:welcome: to SF. You don't have to be alone. I hope you find what you are looking for with us. Take care. :hug:

5. Ignored

Ignored Staff Alumni

:welcome: I am sure that you will find the friendship and company that you seek here. There is a really good mix of ages, nationalities etc so you'll soon find your niche.
    I think it's really sad that it's a year since you've had a hug, so I hope you don't mind if I give you a virtual one! :hug:
    Sarah

6. Marshmallow

Marshmallow Staff Alumni

Welcome to SF :wink:

7. Savior

Savior Active Member

I can say that things get a little better when you talk to someone. even from afar...
    maybe I am lonely, but im not alone. it still hurts but... you know... at least people would hug if they could, and this can be a beginning.
    I hope this goes for you too. welcome to the forums

8. Raven

Raven Guest

No matter how far out their we think we are, were never truly alone, welcome to the forums and I hope you can find a friend here. I am sure you will.

~Raven

9. Beret

Beret Staff Alumni

:welcome: hun, i hope you will start to make some friends around here. this is a great place for getting support and in finding comfort when you are down. wish i could give you a real hug, but i hope a virtual counts too :hug:
    WELCOME TO SF

10. jcat

jcat Staff Alumni

i just found this site last week. i wanted to off myself and was just being f@cked up in the head. i did a searchand found sf. i am here more than any other site:) trust me it helps to have a place that you can go and be yourself. a place where you can vent. it helps me. i'm still here. i wish i had found sf a long time ago. i am 32 and been through the wringer. you are not alone here. welcome home. don't leave.

11. theleastofthese

theleastofthese SF Friend Staff Alumni

Welcome to the forum Icarus. I too felt all alone when I came here but now I have many international friends and a safe place to go when there's nowhere else to go. I wish you all the best.:smile:

least

12. Sakura

Sakura Well-Known Member

*Just puts my arms around you, and gives you a really, really, really long hug* :hug:

Welcome to SF hon...you are no longer alone...we're very happy to have you here with us now :hug:

:rose:

13. Panther

Panther Well-Known Member

heya, I am 32 so near to your age, hope to see you around :)

andy

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.