Am I really stupid...

Discussion in 'I Have a Question...' started by Fed Up!, Nov 9, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Fed Up!

Fed Up! Guest

... Or has my 'Fed Up' thread been deleted? And if it has, why has it?
  2. Given that it has been deleted for reasons unknown (which I would please like explained) I would like a copy of the whole thread because it has fucked with my head, and every so often, throughout the day, I've had to keep reading it over to try and make sense of it, and now I can't do that, I'm in limbo, and I would like it back so that I can try to carry on processing what has been said. It doesn't need to be public, it doesn't even need to be PM, but any which way would be appreciated because I need to straighten things in my head.
  3. I don't get it. What did I do to get that thread deleted? I was calm, rational and I was not nasty. I did not name any names, I did not even use examples from anyone on this forum, they were from real life, or another forum. I can't for the life of me think why it would have been deleted when there are some very angry, insulting threads that stay where they are.

I wonder if this thread will go totally ignored.
  4. Abacus21

Abacus21 Staff Alumni

It was deleted as it was very triggering and got complaints by members.
  5. Trip the Dark fantastic

Trip the Dark fantastic Well-Known Member

Sorry, but I'm slightly bewildered. I emphasise with your disappointment, really, but i don't have a clue what this is all about and I'm sure I am not the only one.

Rather than posting cryptic messages which no-one is able to decipher as only you know what the content of your first posting was, would it not be better to use the 'letter to management' to settle this?

I fear, otherwise this will turn yet into another rant and rave, where people are encouraged to take sides and it all degenerates quickly into a locked thread...

Why not find out first the reason and than discuss the reasons given for your threads deletion? Continuing this thread would be pure speculation about motives and intentions...:rolleyes::rolleyes:
  6. What parts were triggering?

Why could a triggering warning not be added?

Why could it not be edited?

Can I please have a copy?
  7. I was asking the mods the question, although, guaranteed, I didn't make that clear, but, like you said, I didn't expect anyone else to reply as they would not know. As for the Letters to the Management, I have no diea how that works, and I'm desperately trying not to get sucked back into this place, so I'm trying to avoid signing in at all costs.

As for it being cryptic, it wasn't cryptic really. I was asking where my thread, in this forum, from yesterday, went.
  8. Trip the Dark fantastic

My suggestions didn't work did they?
  9. One more question.

Was it me that triggered people and made them complain? Or rather, what specifically caused the complaints? (not sure if you can say that on a public thread though)
  10. Trip the Dark fantastic

top of the the main web-page click on 'letters to the management' and jut write away...
  11. What do you mean?

I agree, mostly, with what you said, but I'm not aiming to have this a side taking thread or an ranting thread, I'm trying to have a mature discussion about it, in the only way I can face doing right now (I really can't sign in).
  12. Fed Up!

Fed Up! Guest

Urgh, forget it. I tried letters to management, but I can't do it unless I'm signed in.

I really need to talk about this, but that's never going to happen.

Sorry to all those I triggered, or that complained about me. I'm sorry for whatever it was I did, I really am. I'm so sorry.
  13. Trip the Dark fantastic

I was not aware that you are unable to sign in. In this case I guess, Abacus21's explanation is as good as any you might get.

Unfortunately, this is a dead end for me now. I really don't want to be drawn into arguments about whether deleting a post was justified or not. I have to accept that the FE's received complaints. Sorry for having acted under the impression the letter to the management was accessible to you.

14. Hmmm

Hmmm Guest

Sorry they deleted your thread, that's kind of stupid I think. Your thread wasn't even triggering..There are things far, far more triggering on the forum that they don't delete..
  15. That's cool. Everything is cool. I really wasn't expecting any replies, and if I did get any I was thinking it might be mods, but I do appreciate the suggestion. Had I been happy about being here, or felt comfortable here, maybe I would have done it, maybe I might in the future (but couldn't be the too distant future though).

I was never asking anyone to get into an arguement about whether or not it should have been deleted, or whether or not the staff did the right thing, or even asking for opinions on it, I was just wanting to know the facts, the truth. I hate upsetting people, I hate doing things to hurt people and if it was something I did, then I need to know so I can't do it again. Last time I hurt someone on a site by saying something accidently triggering I asked to be banned and deleted, which they did, so I couldn't do it again, and I need to know what I need to do to make this right (and the other reason for posting was needing a copy, for my own 'sanity' to read the things written).
  16. Yes, there are things more triggering, but its' ok they deleted it, I just need to understand why. There must have been a lot of complaints about many aspects of it (I don't understand what, but different things upset different people) so that they couldn't edit it or anything, or just lock it, and deletion was the only option they had.

I'm not going to pretend I'm happy about it, but I'm not going to dispute it, nor make life hard for the mods, I would just like to understand.
  17. Imwithfedup2

Imwithfedup2 Guest

I can almost guarantee that it wasn't triggering. I'd like to see the complaints as to how it was triggering. I can guarantee it was deleted b/c it was taken shots at how the site has lost it's luster...triggering my ass. I'm with you Fed UP
  18. Sadeyes

Sadeyes Staff Alumni

When a thread is deleted, the person who deleted it and the reason is posted...I received several requests for this, one which really concerned me...if you were signed in, I would have emailed/PM'd you with an explanation, however, you chose to post here...there was nothing more that could be done to inform time, if i deleted one of your threads/posts, please request that you are contacted personally and provide a means to do so, and upon taking this action, i will contact you...thank you, J
    Last edited by a moderator: Nov 10, 2007
  19. I wasn't trying to take a shot at how the site has lost it's luster because I don't necessarily think it has. All I was trying to say was that people who do things that I intensely dislike, get what I want, and I wish I had that guts for that.

But then it morphed into something probably very offensive due to a couple of comments, and I would guess that it is somewhere from that point that the complaints started.

I have PMed Sadeyes and asked my questions to her, and hopefully she will reply (possibly not though because I was a rude bitch, but I did then realise and send an apology PM, so hopefully she will answer). I hate myself for being on this site and signing in, loathe myself for it, but like the times I've done it before recently, I'll be able to 'sort it' later.

Maybe there were valid reasons to delete it, I hope so (better valid reasons than no reason/weak reason/s), and I hope I can learn from whatever it was that I did wrong.

I do still stand by my original post though, what those people do is not right, but I wish I had the guts to do it myself because they get people caring about them and stuff, but no such thing this end. (I guess if this thread now gets deleted, then it will be clear that it was my original moan that meant it was deleted, which would raise a whole new set of questions). ANYWAY, hopefuly Sadeyes will reply and I can sort this out, and it can all be put to bed.

Now I've done the thing I didn't want to, and made personal contact, this thread should now die, and if people do feel some random need to reply, please reply with no derogatory comments.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.