am i schizophrenic now

nolongerhuman

hey im really afraid sorry if this is hard to read im trying my best to get words down. my past posts probably said plenty about me being in constant pain and having psychotic episodes already. ive heard voices before a few times briefly they were short bursts nothing clear. today i read a book for the first time in years i didnt think it was possible with my unchecked adhd but i made it 5 chapters in so yay for me. but after i put it down my brain had a horrible surge in pain and i heard a ton of voices at once. it mustve lasted about 30 seconds maybe longer. it was completely different than anything ive ever experienced before. i was on lexapro and seroquil for a few weeks but have been off for a couple now i dont think that would cause something like this though. it’s been a couple hours my pain is worse and my head hurts a lot im really scared it’s gonna happen again i dont know what im gonna do if im schizophrenic i dont want to think about it but i cant control my thoughts this is really bad

Citizen Insane

Emote Encyclopedia
Safety & Support
SF Author
SF Supporter
Hey! ^__^

You had quit the medication, what was the reason for that? :o Side effects or?

I still use the anti-psychotic medication since 2010, every day- I had quit taking it between 2008 and 2010, and the psychosis returned back then. The symptoms only stopped completely when taking the medication. So yeah, quitting meds and specifically anti-psychotic medication will increase the chance of a psychotic disorder returning by a very significant amount.

Sadly this isn't something you can think your way out of, no matter the amount of will power, mental strength, bending thoughts and such will not undo the psychosis and its symptoms. :( (speaking from own experience)

I strongly think that talking to a health professional is the best way to go from here.
Since you are having these symptoms...

It's not a fun, great place to be in at this moment... But you can get beyond this point again.

nolongerhuman

i quit the meds because they made my symptoms worse. couldnt get any sleep. theres really no other option? i dont really want something like that diagnosed my future’s ruined already but still. im just crying and begging the demons in my head to not come back i really hope it doesn’t happen again

ib4uib

Did you know it's totally possible to think yourself into any position you think possible.
Though this can work in a bad way, it can also work in a good way. Just look at successful people.

The thing is this, if you start believing you are schizophrenic you're only going to make yourself feel worse than you already do.
Understand that Anxiety is the major force at work in every mental condition ever discovered, a lot of people in life deal with Anxiety by ignoring it, they carry on in there 9-5 jobs, come home and eat, sit in the chair and watch tv, then fall asleep.
Boring or what?

But they keep to these routines and live entirely in a narrow little world with walls everywhere, hence they rarely suffer from Anxiety.

You read 5 chapters of a book you say, for the first time in a very long time, and it sounds like you was that pleased with yourself, the little voice that we all have inside of us, well, that voice decided to knock all of the pride out of you that you felt and dragged you straight back into waters that you are familiar with, but don't like one bit.

Yet, you won a very major first war within yourself, you read 5 chapters uninterrupted by your own thoughts and felt like you achieved something.
In reality you did achieve something, you proved to yourself that you can feel peace, and though peace probably feels almost unheard of, you managed to accomplish some.

Remember, Anxiety is a learnt behavior, none of us are born Anxious or Depressed, we acquire these traits from all the arseholes that surround us growing up, parents, teachers, bosses etc etc etc

You've won the hardest battle already when you finished those 5 chapters, next time you'll know that the little voice we all have inside us, is trying to make you feel not good enough to have peace and starts an attack.

Well you've beaten it once (and that was the hardest one to win) next time you'll have more ammunition when it starts up if there is a next time!

Go and read the whole book, then start another one.

Take care

nolongerhuman

Did you know it's totally possible to think yourself into any position you think possible.
Though this can work in a bad way, it can also work in a good way. Just look at successful people.

The thing is this, if you start believing you are schizophrenic you're only going to make yourself feel worse than you already do.
Understand that Anxiety is the major force at work in every mental condition ever discovered, a lot of people in life deal with Anxiety by ignoring it, they carry on in there 9-5 jobs, come home and eat, sit in the chair and watch tv, then fall asleep.
Boring or what?

But they keep to these routines and live entirely in a narrow little world with walls everywhere, hence they rarely suffer from Anxiety.

You read 5 chapters of a book you say, for the first time in a very long time, and it sounds like you was that pleased with yourself, the little voice that we all have inside of us, well, that voice decided to knock all of the pride out of you that you felt and dragged you straight back into waters that you are familiar with, but don't like one bit.

Yet, you won a very major first war within yourself, you read 5 chapters uninterrupted by your own thoughts and felt like you achieved something.
In reality you did achieve something, you proved to yourself that you can feel peace, and though peace probably feels almost unheard of, you managed to accomplish some.

Remember, Anxiety is a learnt behavior, none of us are born Anxious or Depressed, we acquire these traits from all the arseholes that surround us growing up, parents, teachers, bosses etc etc etc

You've won the hardest battle already when you finished those 5 chapters, next time you'll know that the little voice we all have inside us, is trying to make you feel not good enough to have peace and starts an attack.

Well you've beaten it once (and that was the hardest one to win) next time you'll have more ammunition when it starts up if there is a next time!

Go and read the whole book, then start another one.

Take care
thank you, i needed to hear this. maybe today will end up better!

nolongerhuman

i couldnt even get through another chapter without an awful surge of pain. at least there werent voices i guess. but i ended up stuck in bed all day because this pain is really bad. i dont think i can sleep today either. feels like i failed again

Citizen Insane

Emote Encyclopedia
Safety & Support
SF Author
SF Supporter
Just to clarify, since you said that you had quit the medication because the symptoms (of the psychotic episode and insomnia/lack of sleep, and more) were getting worse - A mental health professional, doctor/psychiatrist will have to hear about this from you.

It's possible to have to try multiple meds that vary in their effect versus the disorder, its symptoms - before finding the anti-psychotic medication that has the desired effect & hopefully little side effects.

But for more information on that, we do have to direct you to a professional.
I don't recommend waiting for the next time you have let's say - voices - again and only then taking action, regardless of what you think the cause is: eg. anxiety etc.

Take good care! =)

Please Donate to Help Keep SF Running

Total amount
$70.00
Goal
$255.00