Am I so lame?

Discussion in 'Suicidal Thoughts and Feelings' started by millicent*ophelia, Jan 2, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. The only reason I don't go and drink myself to death is because of my baby. I mean, if I die, who will take care of him?

I feel pathetic.

2. ~Serendipity~

~Serendipity~ Active Member

I can assure you there is nothing pathetic about not drinking, for your baby. In fact I think it is fantastic and you obviously have alot more strength than you give yourself credit for :smile:

3. Petal

Petal SF dreamer Staff Alumni SF Supporter

Hi Millicent ophelia,

You are not pathetic. You're very strong. You realize your baby needs you so please stay strong for him and keep fighting. Never give up :hug:
    Are you seeing a doctor for your depression? :hug:

4. Stranger1

Stranger1 Forum Buddy & Antiquities Friend

Hello millecent,
    You are doing the right thing by thinking about your baby. He will need his mom over the years and you need to be there. Having him grow up with other people he will never truly be loved like you can give him.
    He is going to be full of questions as he grows. Would you rather him tell his secrets to you or someone else. Why don't you see a therapist, they can teach you to cope with your problems. If you can't afford it they usually work on a sliding pay scale. Keep posting here on the forum you will be amazed how many new friends you will make. I have been here for about eight months and have alot of friends that offer support when I am down. They will do the same for you. Please stay strong not just for your baby but for yourself also!!! Take Care!!~Joseph~

5. wheresmysheep

wheresmysheep Staff Alumni

that is not pathetic or lame, that is an amazing thing to be able to do
    i know many mothers mine included that still drink themselves stupid when they have a child.

you are incredibly strong to resist your urge to drink and i may not know you properly, but i am proud for you :hug:

6. LenaLunacy

LenaLunacy Well-Known Member

You're not pathetic, because you realize that your baby needs you. And it's very admirable that you are going to stay around for your baby. I know many parents who have had no respect for what their suicide will do to their child and do it anyway. I think it's great that you are gonna stay for your child. If you ever need to talk, pm me. :hug:

7. crookxshanks

crookxshanks Well-Known Member

your a lot stronger than you give yourself credit for. just by realising that there is something in your life worth living for is strength in itself. to want to stay around for your child means that maternal bond you have is pulling you back and realising that you do have something to live for. or in your case. someone

stay strong x

Last edited by a moderator: Jan 2, 2009
  8. Dave_N

Dave_N Guest

Suicide should be the last thing on your mind, because you have a baby to take care of. If you die, then he will have to have foster parents to look after him. And let's face it, foster parents can be really good, but they can also be really bad people. Please don't give up. Your child needs you hun. :hug:

9. Um, he'd have his father.

But, yeah, I guess I see. I don't have so much as a depression thing, but an alcoholic thing I guess.

Once I start drinking I can't stop... I have been sober for some time now, but it just mocks me everytime I walk past the liquer aisle in a grocery or drive past a party store.

In the past (before I met my husband) I used to drink to be "cool" and blacked out on multiple occasions only to have someone tell me how cool I was when I was drunk. To me, alchol was the key to fitting in. It pains me when I am in a social situation with an open bar... God how I want to have a drink like everyone else and be "social."

Hmmm, maybe this should be moved to a different part?? Not so much an intentional suicide??

10. crookxshanks

crookxshanks Well-Known Member

your child may need his father but he also really needs a mother as well

how about thinking that whenever you past a liqour store that 'i dont need you anymore, im better than all of you bottles put together'.

congrats on you being sober as i know it takes a lot but its good to know that you can do it and you should think the same about yourself as well

11. sudut

sudut Well-Known Member

I should print your post and hang it on my wall. you are definately not pathetic, you are my hero.

12. sudut

sudut Well-Known Member

thats why i attend to AA meetings. All i need is the first sip of the first drink and the next thing i know it have blacked out. Yes, the alcohol has helped me be more social but not without the heavy price of ending up looking like a dumb ass. lol. I realized after the first 4 minutes of talking to someone, the shyness leaves me anyways, alcohol just helped me with the saying hi part, which I mastered with practice.

i got so wasted on Christmas and New years and puked and if you asked me to make one wish in this world it would be to rewind the date to the 21st of 08. alcohol is deception to an alcoholic. what is telling you that 'all those people drinking are having fun' is a lie. we all hate ourselves the next morning and you know it.

13. Seerbrum

Seerbrum Well-Known Member

The exact opposite... Hang on, your son will thank you for it.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.