Am i suicidal?

Status
Not open for further replies.
As the topic suggests, i'm confused.

For the last two or three weeks, every night as i'm trying to fall asleep i keep having thoughts of suicide. Often times while i'm driving home lately i also have thoughts of suicide and how nice it would be.

****Read this****
I don't want to commit suicide. I don't want to die, i don't want to put my friends and family through that, and if you were to ask me right now, "Are you suicidal" i would answer flatly and confidently NO. I would almost go out on a limb and say i'm not even depressed, but that's hard to say as i do feel like their is a lot missing from me being whole.

But these thoughts are real, reoccurring, and their intensity varies. I saw a psychologist for two years (Up until about 7 or so months ago) an analyst, and decided myself that i had enough of it and stopped going..

Do i need to seek professional help again?

Background: Even while i was going to therapy, i didn't have suicidal thoughts. This is kind of a recent occurrence.

Being suicidal is thinking about committing suicide and it is as bad as attempting to do it. Especially when that thought becomes worse to the point of finally doing it. This is serious matter and you should be seeking professional help already. But if you think yourself, that you don't even have the guts to really do it, then probably, it's okay if you need not consult. You just have to know yourself and trust yourself that you won't be able to do it. Take care.

DrNick1010

I agree with Domo. I think it's suicide ideation. Thinking things like "Things would be better if I went away," however brief or fleeting these thoughts are. I've never attempted suicide, but there have been some moments where I was very near it. It comes and goes sometimes, but it's definitely active thinking about suicide. These thoughts started with suicide ideation. Maybe what I've got could technically be called the same thing, but it can become a slippery slope into despair and depression. Once you're there, you might even start ignoring the impulses you have that tell you to stop. I'd say talk to someone about it who will understand and not just give you the easy answer of "cheer up, exercise, get over it." They might recommend you seek therapy again.

But if you think yourself, that you don't even have the guts to really do it, then probably, it's okay if you need not consult.
I think i might be taking this the wrong way; although i don't feel inclined to do anything when i read this, i could imagine someone else feeling cowardly after reading this.

Anyways, thanks for the input. I'm going to give it another week or two, and call my old therapist again.

Question:

I have been seeing an analyst for two years, does anyone think that a cognitive therapist would be better?

LillMy8989

That you should take it seriously? Yes. Are you suicidal? I dont know. But it sounds like you're in some kind of depression state of mind.
Enjoy it's treatable! Bad thing is you gota work for it, no meds will turn you "coolest on the planet" right away ..

Stranger1

Forum Buddy & Antiquities Friend
Yes I think you would benefit from cognitive therapy..It will help you with thoughts, feelings, behavior, and consequence..I learned alot when I went thru it..Everyone thinks about suicide at least once in their life.., At least thats what my therapist told me..I deal with it dailey..It would take something drastic in my life for me to act on it..Therapy really does help..

Status
Not open for further replies.

Please Donate to Help Keep SF Running

Total amount
$135.00
Goal
$255.00