Am I suicidal

Discussion in 'Suicidal Thoughts and Feelings' started by BeccaBee, Jul 12, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. BeccaBee

BeccaBee New Member

Hi I'm really worried.

I have suffered from anxiety for many years and was prescribed Cipralex for it which seemed to help. Anyway I had to come off it for a little while but came back on it yesterday. This morning I was told a story of a really gruesome way a girl killed herself and I can't stop thinking about it!

I think what if I did that. I've always had a fear of death hence the anxiety but this thought is so scary.

Do you think stopping and starting the tablets could be causing this one of the side affects is increased thoughts of suicide.

I don't want to be dead it's just this particular way that I keep thinking about. I'm so confused right now. Can anyone help me?
  2. empty101

empty101 Well-Known Member

hmmm what is it about this girl that made you keep thinking about it?

when I used to be suicidal the thought of doing some dramatic suicide method would sometimes get me pleasure... as if to show the world "look what you did"
  3. DonDen

DonDen Active Member

I doubt your suicidal, I mean I think of what dying would be like. But for actually killing myself that is a different area.
  4. windlepoons

windlepoons Well-Known Member

This could be suicide ideation? Thoughts of suicide without actually trying it, something I have quite a lot especially recently.

Yes I think it could be caused by meds.
  5. FamilyGuyFan1986

FamilyGuyFan1986 Active Member

Could be the meds or the anxiety itself. That crap made me wanna kill myelf during it's worst. Either an evil trick of the anxiety or the meds.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.