Am I the only one? am I crazy?

Discussion in 'I Have a Question...' started by Me....., Jul 18, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Me.....

Me..... Guest

I've been dealing with something a lot of my life... I have been raped and sexually abused by over 4 people mostly when I was a child, and it effects me, when I am in a relationship with someone I find myself feeling uncomfortable with talking or sex or sexual acts, it bothers me about 97% of the time when anything that has to do with sex is brought up especially when it has to do with me. I feel ashamed, I feel the lower half of my bodt has to be covered, this effects me terribly. Do anyone of you experience this? Am I alone? Can I ever be able to keep a healthy relationship with me deep feelings of this?
  2. see

see Well-Known Member

No you are not the only one and you are not crazy.
    Similar has happend to me and my reactions are just like yours. All I can say to you is that healing can happen it will take a long time but it can and it will help to talk about it. If you need to talk please feel free to pm me
  3. Terry

Terry Antiquities Friend Staff Alumni

Good Lord hun :eek:hmy: of course you are not comfortable with sex; either the act or talking about it. You've been abused. therefore the abuse will colour your attitude towards sex. The betrayal of child abuse will have given you trust issues.
    You need to get some therapy to work thru the abuse. Not saying it can wipe out the past, but it can help you to come to terms with it. The trust will come with the right person.
    Be very kind to yourself hun..others werent in the deserve the kindness :hug:
  4. Blackness

Blackness Guest

surely if you're in a decent relationship you should be able to tell the guy about your past, if not all then he understands. Only do stuff when you're ready hun.
  5. I'm feeling the same way right now hun...flashbacks, memories of what has happened and I know it's hard, very hard. You are not crazy for this hun...there are many people on this site that go through the same feelings you are right now and I'm here to support you and I'm sure all the others who have been through the same will be here for you as well. Please take care of yourself and I hope that things get better for you love :hug:
  6. gentlelady

gentlelady Staff Alumni

You are definitely not alone in your feelings. Most of us that have gone through abuse such as you have find ourselves extremely uncomfortable when those subjects or brought up. Many times you feel misplaced guilt or shame as well. You may feel as if you can never be clean. So many emotions are tied up with this. Fell free to PM me of you would like to talk. I will answer you as soon as I can. Take care. Remember these feelings are perfectly normal after what you have been through. :hug:
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.