am I the only one that feels like crap for no reason?

Discussion in 'Mental Health Disorders' started by morning rush, Sep 10, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. morning rush

morning rush Well-Known Member

I mean...I'll be okay and then all of a sudden I feel like shit, I'm negative, putting myself down and want the world to end, I feel like all I do is crap...all I try to create is garbage and I'm a nothing good, never going to make it...and the spiral goes down, down, down....why the hell does that happen out of the blue? am I the only one it does this?
  2. IV2010

IV2010 Well-Known Member

do you think it's your thoughts that set it off? negative self talk will do it everytime...
    I do it myself.....
  3. lachrymose27

lachrymose27 Well-Known Member

thats when I also start feeling terrible is when the negative thoughts flow, so i try to be as positive as possible..
  4. nolonger

nolonger Well-Known Member

My moods can be all over the shop. I can usually tell whether I'm getting into one of my 'bad swings'. Things start to feel as though they are going bad...well you know the story.
  5. Borrowed time*

Borrowed time* Well-Known Member

I know what you mean. Im up and down like a yo-yo lately and the worst part is most of the time there is no reason.
  6. IAD121212

IAD121212 Well-Known Member

Tell me about it. I was 'up' on Thursday - met a woman for coffee and got on wonderfully. We texted each other all day Friday to arrange a cinema date for Saturday....

Got up Saturday morning. Felt like Hell. I just wanted to crawl into bed and escape the world. Had to text her to let her know I couldn't see her and didn't want to see her again. I apologised and explained. She understood. She won't be seeing me again.

And I'm totally alone again. Thanks brain chemistry! Another fucking winner!
  7. Ihatemyselfalot

Ihatemyselfalot Banned Member

I feel like crap for a reason
  8. desperatemind

desperatemind New Member

Hi all,

New to this forum, and it's my first post, sorry if I'm doing something wrong!

This is exactly how I feel. During my life, I have been right up there and felt crap and then right down and felt the same, and vice versa!! One thing that I always feel is that I feel down, in one way or another. Maybe I've been depressed for a very longtime, or on the way to where I am now. I've never felt this alone and ill. Thoughts, in and out of my mind, slowly loosing the will to cheerish the very few things that should be bringing me happiness and joy.

Just want everyone to be happy, and my pain to end. My pain seems to be getting uncontrollable and deep, and I'm biginging to feel alone, not able to pull myself out of this shi* hole.
  9. icewolf

icewolf Member

Dude, go see a psychiatrist. This sounds like bipolar. Just maybe you're lucky and this can be fixed by meds.

Slap me if im silly and you already know this, but bipolar works on cycles. When you suddenly feel great and the next day feel shit and the next day ok, and the next day shit, it's called rapid cycling. Just messed up brain chemicals misfiring. thank your genepool for that. Dont blame yourself. You're not useless. It can be fixed.

Just remember, depression causes damage to your neural system. The more you give in, the worse it gets. So, think of it as pms. When it hits you, dont think: "ah man, im a useless person."
    Instead, think: "$%*@! again?! Wtf." then take out some anime, or fire up some games and spend a night fighting the beast. It will pass just as surely as it wil be back. (Unless it's bipolar and it can be fixed)

Hang in there! :mortdesinos:
  10. Monsieur

Monsieur Well-Known Member

I've had some suspicions of having rapid cycling bipolar. But it doesn't seem like anyone can be sure of anything. Maybe it's the lack of sleep, maybe it's the emotional triggers I'm getting bombarded with at school, I have no idea. All I do know is that you're not alone Living In My Own World.
  11. Domo

Domo Well-Known Member

You sound like a perefect candidate for CBT.

It sounds like it starts of with you being critical of yourself and then from there you manage to turn everything into a glass half empty scenario.

And guys, Bipolar is way more complex then just mood swings. It's why our doctors spend years and years in school and why it's often so hard to get a diagnosis.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.