Am I the only one??

Discussion in 'Suicidal Thoughts and Feelings' started by Hoasis, Jun 5, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Hoasis

Hoasis Well-Known Member

Hey people, my first post here. To make a long story short, I am soon closing in on 30 years, have always had basically no energy, no motivaton to do anything, no friends, no nothing. NO good relationship with my family, been extremely anti-social because I think about suicide and can never have energy or humour to connect with people. Always depressed and thinking about negative things. Anyway heres my wuestion; is there anyone here that feel they are in the same situation? I always think about this, I must be one of a kind, noone can be as retarded and ingoing as I am...depressed no friends etc....how is it possible one girl said about me behind my back..:grr:

2. lightbeam

lightbeam Antiquities Friend

There are many of us that have social anxiety. Some of us are in the same position. We hope to hear more about you!

Welcome!

3. Hoasis

Hoasis Well-Known Member

Yeah thanks:rolleyes: I guess I am not talking about anxiety anymore, I have come to a point where I just want to be alone, I know I cant get along with anoyone. I have never anything to say, I am always in my own thoughts. Cant concentrate in a social situation...anyone feels like this?
    You just dont want to be social but you try because its what the society "demands"?

4. mikest8

mikest8 Member

Most of us are in this very same situation, here. Others are here to help us when we get these suicidal thoughts and some of them are relatives or friends of suiciders who can tell us how they felt about their loved one who passed away. I particularly try to help others whenever I'm not feeling like them. When I'm I just keep quiet hoping others speak in my place, 'cause if I do I'd probably get things worse.

5. lachrymose27

lachrymose27 Well-Known Member

Yeah, the more I keep to myself, the less social I become, its a bad trap.

6. solutions

solutions Well-Known Member

I mean, I've always been on the introverted side, moreso as I've advanced into my early 20's. I don't have social anxiety, in fact I'm able to speak or act in front of relatively large audiences with no trouble (I was part of an improv comedy group at one point, in fact). I just prefer my personal relationships to be casual. I have a few friends, but I don't like having anyone "too close", if that makes any sense, and I'm okay by myself for long periods. I don't like the feelings I get when I start to think I'm getting into a relationship involving some intimacy, so I tend to shy away from them. I do best in more casual relationships, where mutual distance is implicitly the rule.

To illustrate the kind of friends I tend to keep, I was in a psychiatric hospital for a week, and no one said a word to me when I got back about where I was, since it's not abnormal for me to be isolated for a week or more at a time.

7. Aaron

Aaron Well-Known Member

I personally don't care too much for being social and spend long periods by myself, it feels like paradise!

But I can be social if I wish to be so!

8. thots82

thots82 Member

The lack of energy and motivation sounds very familiar. I've had all these dreams in the past but just can't make myself do it. Lost jobs due to just getting bored of it all. I have one friend, who is a wonderful friend I must add (I got lucky there) but no other friends ever seem to come along.
    Most people would say I'm just lazy but I'm not completely convinced of that. I'd be happy if it was that simple.
    So, no you're not the only one! There's loads of people like you I've heard of

9. Pollo

Pollo Well-Known Member

I totally feel the same way. I have a few amazing friends and my brother but I do feel tired all the time, no energy and I have a kind of obsession thinking about killing myself. I have tried 3 times but you know, I have realized I did not want to die, I just needed some caring and attention.
    Good luck and don't give up!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.