am I the only person who never picks up the phone ?

Discussion in 'Rants, Musings and Ideas' started by lonelymortal, Feb 3, 2009.

1. lonelymortal

lonelymortal Well-Known Member

I'm curious.
    I just figure that

1) Try to sell me something
    2) Waste my time
    3) Ask me to volunteer or waste my time with a survey
    4) Waste seconds of my life picking up and saying "hello"

I get phone calls like every 15 minutes so I just don't bother anymore lol.
    What about you guys ?

2. Thinice

Thinice Well-Known Member

It's rare that I pick up the phone, but it's because I don't want to talk to anyone. I hate talking on the phone anyway for some reason, I never really worked out why,

3. resistance

resistance Staff Alumni

I absolutely hate picking up the phone, especially if I don't know who's calling. If I know who's calling then it's not so bad. Whenever the phone goes and my dad isn't here and I don't know who's calling I usually leave it go to answerphone.

4. Petal

Petal SF dreamer Staff Alumni SF Supporter

I never answer the phone,so I don't have that problem :)

5. aoeu

aoeu Well-Known Member

I always answer it when it rings, usually with dread. Only a handful of people know my number, and they only call if they're particularly worried about me. Fortunately, that doesn't happen, and I just get wrong numbers.

6. Leiaha

Leiaha Well-Known Member

I very rarely answer my 'phone....... or the door for that matter :)

7. wheresmysheep

wheresmysheep Staff Alumni

i dont answer the phone becuase i dont want to have to try talk to people make a conversation, if i wanted to talk, i'd phone you :dry:

8. JohnADreams

JohnADreams Well-Known Member

I had my home phone cut off because I was no longer interested in paying line rental on something that was only used to try and sell me things I don't want.

Texting,IM'ing, Skype and internet phoning works out much cheaper for me than the traditional home phone.

9. fromthatshow

fromthatshow Staff Alumni

Sometimes if I'm lonely enough I'll do the fucking surveys.

10. PaleGhostGirl

PaleGhostGirl Member

No, I don't answer the phone either. Since I have caller ID, I figure if it's important, they'll leave a message and I can call them back.

IMO, in this day and age, with the exception of business, we have the choice where we just don't HAVE TO answer the phone anymore simply because it rings.

11. plates

plates Well-Known Member

dunno why i have a phone line really :dry: what am i paying line rental for? my mother to check up on me once a day to see if i'm around?

12. Terry

Terry Antiquities Friend Staff Alumni

NOPE!!! hates the phone

13. crookxshanks

crookxshanks Well-Known Member

unless i know someones going to call i wont answer it. if it does ring on the time when i dont know who it is i seriously freak out

14. mdmefontaine

mdmefontaine Antiquities Friend

ok. we need a thread asking...'who answers, who does not'' etc. because i am seeing a trend here. ..

i do NOT like answering the phone. .. always screening calls ... and it seems it is never who i want to call (hmm. that is a short list. currently 3 on the planet)

wonderful post. . . and happy to contribute my worthless 2 cents.

15. smk

smk Well-Known Member

i pick up the phone all the time! am a very busy individual with connections everywhere, and am responsible of a big firm, with a lot of people and transactions. answering my phone is more than the act for me, it is a lifeline, it is crucial that i am available to all those that depend on me, specially the economy the way it it. it is imperative and a moral obligation that i answer my phone and keep it close always!...close to my heart

16. thedeafmusician

thedeafmusician Staff Alumni

I used to hate answering the phone and calling people, but especially these last few days I'm really damn grateful for the invention of telephones. I guess you treasure them more when you're life's and other's lives are at risk lol. I have lost count of the amount of phonecalls I've made to people to check if they got burnt out, and people have been doing the same to us.

TDM

17. Stranger1

Stranger1 Forum Buddy & Antiquities Friend

I have my internet, cable, and , phone all in one package. When someone calls it pops up on my TV so I can see who it is. The only time I answer is if it's family or friends of my sisters. The rest can bite me!!!...lol...

18. MourningAngel

MourningAngel Well-Known Member

i'm not entirely sure why but i'm scared of picking up the phone or calling someone. so i usually let somebody of my family pick up the phone