Am I the only schizophrenic on these forums?

Discussion in 'Mental Health Disorders' started by LostMyMind, Sep 24, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. LostMyMind

LostMyMind Well-Known Member

Anyone a schizo? Hear voices?
  2. Rukia

Rukia Well-Known Member

I hear voices all the time. :unsure:
  3. LostMyMind

What are yours like? Do they sound like other people talking? Are they mean, angry, insulting, perverted, etc? Ever see anything?

Last night I was up until 7am in the morning, I couldn't fall asleep because voices kept me up. There were two people talking to me. They went on for a very long time about how stupid I am, what a worthless slob I am and how I deserve to die. I also saw an image of someone who was burned to a crisp in a fire. They said it was me.

Most of the time they don't sound like other people talking tho. More like thoughts in my head that won't shut up, constantly going on and on. Usually insulting, often perverted and at times violent.

How do you deal with it? Almost every day they drive me crazy.
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 24, 2007
  4. Random

Random Well-Known Member

This might be normal but when I'm falling asleep, I usually hear all sorts of stuff. Usually stuff from the day. Movies I watched, songs I'd listened to. I suppose if I was thinking about someone who'd said nasty things to me, I might hear that over and over as I'm thinking about it. Is it anything like that or is it something different?
  5. Ruby

Ruby Well-Known Member

I have schizo affective disorder.
  6. rojomi

rojomi Banned Member

:unsure: Diagnosed bipolar 2/mild-but I am extremely sensitive to loud noise of any type, except when I crank up the music or feel like yelling, singing.
    Seldom hear voices, but I do hear lots of unexplained sounds-thumps etc.
    Hypervigilance is what i think it's called. But to block noise when i'm up, have music going and while i sleep, keep a small fan running for white noise.
  7. Blackness

Blackness Guest

Someone tells me to cut, I resist but they always win! :(
  8. anonymous51

anonymous51 Staff Alumni

ive always been confused of the actual description of hearing voices. Is it like for example, i came up to you and said "hey how are you" would be the same as hearing someone except theres noone there? or is it like theres strange voices having convorsations in your head
  9. expressive_child

expressive_child Well-Known Member

I have been delusional basically for all my life, and its definitely affecting me in real life yet I can't help it, because without my 'alternate reality', there is no way I can live another day anymore. Though I am not diagnosed with schizophrenia or anything, but I know enough I am a schizophrenic for sure. I always have images popping in my head, and I often fear unnecessarily. But living an alternate reality is making me more and more disillusioned from real life, but I guess its better than facing it the same way others do.
  10. Azul

Azul Well-Known Member

11. LostMyMind

That doesn't sound like anything abnormal.

Do you hear voices or see delusions ever? Care to share some of your experiences and ways of coping?

Sometimes it sounds like someone else is actually in the room with you talking even tho no one is there. Other times it's as if other people are inside your head talking. It usually sounds like someone else completely different than yourself, however my mind as been so screwed up from it that I often have a serious problem with my own voice in my head running a muck.
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 25, 2007
  12. Rukia

Rukia Well-Known Member

:unsure: They're inside my head, so I guess it's not like other people talking. They can also take control of what I say/do, but I try my hardest not to give them that much control. I know that sounded stupid, but that's how it feels like. :dry: Most of them are mean, angry, etc, but a nice one started talking a few days ago.

I ignore them most of the time, or do what they tell me to do. I hit my head if they get too annoying, but they think that's funny. :mad:
  13. D-rock

D-rock Member

*hugz* I hear voices to when I'm about to fall asleep, most of the times they speak nonsense, but other times it feels like they are holding conversations with each other.

Also don't hit you head, take this advice from a guy that got into way to many fights in highschool.
  14. gag

gag Well-Known Member

I abused Amphetamines which cause you to act identical to a schizophrenic, I don't hear anything mind you, the symptoms arn't quite the same, but from time to time my personality changes pretty dramatically.
  15. Quietus

Quietus Member

Have you ever been diagnosed with this illness? I know someone who was, he's been on a low dose of olanzapine (antipsychotic) for a while now and it's actually working very well for him. Have you spoken to a doctor about this?
  16. j86

j86 Well-Known Member

I'm a newly diagnosed with a form of schizophrenia (as of October 3).
    I was originally diagnosed with bipolar mixed - however, days later, my psychiatrists final say was schizoaffective.
  17. peaksnvalleys

peaksnvalleys Member

I was diagnosed as schizoid when I was 16. I've since learned (on my own) that I have one of the milder forms of schizophrenia. I don't hear voices, but I am always hypervigillant and paranoid about being watched. When I was little, I felt like angels, demons, ghosts, spirits and dead ancestors were always watching me and judging me, in a negative and disapproving way. As I got older, I felt that people were laughing at me, talking shit about me, making fun, etc. I felt that 'Big Brother' was keeping tabs on everything I did, going in my room and moving things, stealing from me, following me around, etc.
    Plus, I get 'messages'. Like being in a certain mood or following a train of thought, and while watching TV or reading I'll hear or read something that seems oddly relevant to what I'm thinking, and it always seems that it was 'intended' for me to get the message. I've seen wrappers in garbage cans with writing on them giving me messages. The messages aren't 'orders' or 'commands', but rather judgments against me or some phrase to guide my thinking in a particular direction. That sounds pretty vague, but it's the best I can do. Sometimes the messages are hopeful and benevolent. I like those ones.
    As I got older, I wondered, "what the fuck is wrong with me?", so I read all I could on various disorders to learn what was indeed the fuck wrong with me. I was able to rule out bipolar disorder, which seemed to fit until I read about it. I've seen my share of depression, but it was never manically phased. But putting a name on it has actually lessened its power a little. Now I recognize when I'm 'being followed', or getting 'messages', and it diminishes somewhat. But it's not gone, I'm just able to deal with it easier. This crap is livable, but those who hear voices must have a more difficult time. My heart sincerely goes out to you. I wish you peace.
  18. missykate

missykate Well-Known Member

I am also diagnosed as schizoaffective. It is a confusing and scary thing.
  19. Ruby

Ruby Well-Known Member

The voices I hear are outside my head. Recently i've started hearing a different voice and he informed me that he was Ian Brady. I find it scary and disturbing. Why the hell has he started speaking to me? I think that he's communicating with me through actions ie if he touches his leg he's able to talk to me. I've spend hours reading up about him. I can hear my thoughts out loud too, even now.
  20. Nessarose

Nessarose Well-Known Member

Last November I was hospitalized and diagnosed with schizophrenia. The voice that talks to me claims to be God and is very malevolent and malicious toward me. It screams in my ears; tells me to do bizarre things like take off my clothes and open the blinds; burns/gives my limbs burning pains when I think something that is incorrect about the world, myself, or God, and threatens to kill me; stuff like that.

I'm supposed to be on 10mg of Abilify but I cut it to 5mg to make it cheaper. Didn't tell the doctor/psychiatrist. I had been doing okay until recently. I'm getting the screaming a lot again and the threats.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.